All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-10-2012, 08:17 PM

lucianog is on a distinguished road
Angry Exchange: Calendar isn't Syncing anymore. Suddenly.

Hello to all,

I have a N8 with Belle Refresh 111.040.1511 (2012-07-28). I did a hard reset just a week ago, so the phone is "clean". Customization is not deep, I just use Gmail, and some other apps but the most from Nokia itself (chat, social etc.)

Until some days ago, all worked perfectly. But now the N8 Calendar doesn't work anymore: it doesn't sync with Google Calendar (and Thunderbird Lightning, in the chain). It shows "no events", even if in the google calendars there'are a lot. While Gmail, instead, works.

I've tried to disinstall and reinstall Gmail Exchange ActiveSync, more times, but without results: the Gmail sync works but Calendar not, and shows no events or don't sync events between pc and mobile. I've checked Personal Info Manager -> Applications item too, looking that the "Sync Agenda events" was set to "Yes".

I found that it's precisely the Exchange engine that's not working: I've tried using a Googlsync app from the market, and calendar keep syncing. (but it's a payfull app, 17 euros: not cheap)

Any idea why Exchange stop working ─only for agenda? Any hint will be appreciated!

As values, I maintain

Web server: m.google.com
Domain: (none)

Thanks!

Luciano
Ads

Old 27-10-2012, 12:52 PM

mattdowning is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I can't explain your specific problem but my experince of Exchange for Hotmail on my N8 has been mixed. Sometimes it works perfectly for ages and sometimes it's terrible in all sorts of ways.

Try deleting the mailbox on your phone and adding it again. If it's still dodgy, do it again. I know it doesn't help you find the underlying cause, but in my experience it works in the end... until next time.

Most annoyingly the N8 has a small memory on C: drive, which often gets full. One of the quickest ways of freeing memory is to delete and reinstate the mailbox, but always at the risk that a stable installation of an Exchange mailbox will be replaced with a crap one.

All the best,
Matt