All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-06-2009, 06:48 AM

nottmbantam is on a distinguished road
Its just hung on me once so far. Had it since Sat night. Was installing and running the Joikuspot App. Installed and it ran fine for the first time, but then it just froze. Had to do the battery removal. Ran Joikuspot again and its working fine.

BTW I had bought and paid for the Premium version for my N95 will the same registration key work for this one, or do I have to depart with another 15 euros? ( And where do I find the key when I bought Joikuspot, I think they just displayed it on the screen rather than email it to me? ).

Having used it, I think its a great app. Was pleased to see it on the N97, even though its only a trial version.
RM-530
E72-1
Ads

Old 23-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Soony is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
im not sure but a friend of mine did a reset last night on her n97 and all apps was still installed and showing in application manager, theres 16 things installed all together, 3 are games and they are installed to mass memory, out of the 13 apps installed to fone mem 10 can be removed, joikuspot, qik and another app cant be uninstalled, so if you do a format im sure ur apps will still be there and wont have to redownload facebook or accuweather, normaly a format would remove any uninstalable app, but for some reason it didnt on my friends black uk n97
Thanks a lot... your comment was very useful

Old 18-12-2010, 12:41 AM

donjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post
I've also started to notice the unlocking problem others are having, wherein the slider doesn't unlock the phone on the first attempt, but for me it has worked on the second attempt. I know this is a bug but I'm not finding it all that annoying.
This is not a bug - I thought so too at first, but then I realized what I was doing: I had set the phone to never autolock based on idle time, but it was still set to turn off its screen after a while, so I would leave it on the table and come back later to find it with its screen turned off. Then I'd assume it was locked and move the slider to unlock it, but all I got was that the green and red buttons lit up, nothing else (which was normal seeing as the phone hadn't really been locked before - it only had its screen turned off - and my first move had actually been the one to lock it). Then, naturally, you would need another move of the slider to unlock it back again.

The key is to remember what your autolock setting is and try to stay aware of the real locked/unlocked status of your phone, which is NOT the same as the screen's on/off status.