All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-04-2011, 07:37 AM

FredericL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyN95 View Post
I don't care much for pretty icons and nice UI effects

As far as I know, only the N8 offers all of this today
You gave me a whole package of reasons why you have chosen the N8 thats really nice!
But can you tell of each manufacturer (BB, Android, iPhone and WM) what the main reasons were you didn't choose for a device of that manufacturer? If I also know that, it would be great.

Old 28-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Your answer is exactly what I was wondering in your case de_construct. To bad there are just a few reactions from Symbian users. But to the one who are giving respons, I'm very thankfull.

If anyone of you knows other Symbian forums, please tell me. Only English and Dutch spoken forums.

Last edited by FredericL; 28-04-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Old 28-04-2011, 09:08 AM

MontyN95 is on a distinguished road
iOS > Simply because I don't like the closed nature of the OS. And lack of proper bluetooth, homescreen, customization options and bad call qualities rules it out

BB > Was just never physically attracted to the design of their handsets.

WP7 > Looks like a kid's toy. OS Too closed and lacks a lot of essential features (e.g a file system)

Android > I've been keeping an eye on it and it's probably the one I'll move to when Symbian dies out. But for now, the familiarity, the hardware quality of Symbian means I'll still choose symbian over android. When symbian gets phased out, (and my N8 breathes it's last breath) then I'll downgrade to Android

Old 28-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejiya View Post
I'd say Symbian, but Android wins in usability.
Could you please tell me more about your choice for Symbian.

I would like to know from you:
1. do you use Symbian for personal use and school/work?
2. what functions do you use (mostly)
3. what functions do you use @ work/school (E.g. read articles, message collegeagues, etc)
4. how often do you use your Symbian?
5. what are the main reasons to choose for Symbian, and so.. what are the reasons or functions you didn't choose for BB, WM, iPhone or Android?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Also interesting is what kind of options or techniques you would like to be add to the smartphone in the future (lets say 2015). Think off open or lock doors with your smartphone or start computers with your smartphone.

It doesn't have to be on your own smartphone.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM

@ Dav.e30 and germcevoy; Could you both tell me what kind of job you do and what functions you use on your smartphone for that job or at working time?

@ All, could you please tell me your ages, so I can give a better description of the average Symbian user

You can also PM me if you think posting here is lack of privacy

Old 05-05-2011, 03:16 AM

de_construct is on a distinguished road
I think you need to build a structured survey, something like this... http://www.surveymonkey.com/TakeATour.aspx to gather some quantitative data. it's all very well being qualitative right now, as it will help you develop your questionnaire.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_construct View Post
I think you need to build a structured survey, something like this... http://www.surveymonkey.com/TakeATour.aspx to gather some quantitative data. it's all very well being qualitative right now, as it will help you develop your questionnaire.
Think for your help, I already have a survey (though in Dutch). But its like what you said.. This is quality and the survey is more quantity, and I definitly want both of the information.

I expected more from the forum users. iPhone dissappointed me, almost less reactions than this symbian forum but the onces who gave respons are very valuable onces so thank you all
Ads

Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 PM

TY all for your responses!

I'm analysing these days, but still feel free tot post your answer here. Also what features you like to see in 2015 of the regular smartphone