All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Psy-Clone is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth causing contacts to go missing!!

Hey everyone, Im new here, but had a look through and couldnt find any other posts about this... Hell, it could jus be my phone with the problem!

Basically, I have all my contacts stored on my phone (about 130 in total). Normally , I can go in and out of my contacts (either using the shortcut from the home screen or going through the menu's) with no problems...

When i get in my car, it connects to my bluetooth car stereo (Sony Bluetooth handsfree cd player), so I can chat on the phone if anyone rings me while driving. The problem is, when i turn off the bluetooth after its been connected, or jus disconnect in any way, then go to my contacts, it comes up saying there are no contacts to view in the selected memory! - If i go through the menu to get to contacts, the screen slides sidways like its gonna open them, and it says contacts at the top, but it still shows the menu!

Ive found the only way to correct this is to either turn the phone off which is a pain in the arse, or go into a new text message, choose send, and then go into my contacts through there... then i can quit right out of messaging, and my contacts will be there again!

I dont know if this is related to the car cd player, or if it'll happen with any bluetooth 'headset' device, as i only have the in car device.

Can anyone test this to see if it happens to them? Like a say, it only happens when you disconnect from the device.

J
Ads

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM

danpep is on a distinguished road
I can confirm that it doesn't happen with a bluetooth headset.

Have you tried the different options under "Remote SIM mode" in bluetooth settings?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:46 PM

I have it turned off, but i'll try it on and see what that does... I cant find any more settings to do with it though apart from on or off.. am i missing something?

Ill let you know how turning it on goes in about an hour (when i go home from work, getting back in my car.)

PS, what does remote sim mode do exactly??

Old 02-10-2008, 06:09 PM

rpwarwood is on a distinguished road
I have this problem with my built in car bluetooth hands free...

I can have my contacts open, turn the radio off on my car to make the phone disconnect, and the contacts instantly disappear...

I find that going to my calls log and calling someone from there and hanging up before it starts ringing refreshes my contact list.

Very strange indeed...

Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 AM

danpep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Clone View Post
PS, what does remote sim mode do exactly??
I believe that if you have a car kit which has it's own cell phone gubbins, it can use the SIM in your phone directly over bluetooth.

I doubt it will make a difference but when things aren't working as expected it's worth trying anything.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 AM

Hmmm, tried remote sim but with no difference.. still looses all my contacts.. its a bit annoying! - You think this is something they'll patch.. I rung samsung and they said that they've not come accross the problem on their handsets!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 PM

simoningram is on a distinguished road
I have the same issue, and I've tried two different B/T headsets

Old 13-10-2008, 01:02 PM

ok well i rung samsung again and reported it as a bug and told them i have found other people with the same problem... now i jus guess we wait for an upgrade!

Old 13-10-2008, 06:47 PM

rpwarwood is on a distinguished road
Just for reference then,

I was using mine in my 56 reg Ford Feista Freedom. Its the built in bluetooth handsfree that comes with the car.

Old 16-10-2008, 08:25 AM

TrinityUTT is on a distinguished road
I also had this problem after disconnecting my samsung bluetooth hands free kit last night. I had to restart my phone to get my contacts back

Old 20-10-2008, 06:54 PM

skeebs is on a distinguished road
im having the same kind of issue. please can you tell me if this happens with a memory chip inside the phone. I have replaced my phone last week and it seems to happen ONLY when the chip is in the phone. I have tried 2 chips.

What happens to me, if i press the contacts from the home page, the screen scrolls across but the screen stays the same, except for the top where it says contacts. Very strange and very annoying.

Anyone?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:02 AM

skeebs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebs View Post
im having the same kind of issue. please can you tell me if this happens with a memory chip inside the phone. I have replaced my phone last week and it seems to happen ONLY when the chip is in the phone. I have tried 2 chips.

What happens to me, if i press the contacts from the home page, the screen scrolls across but the screen stays the same, except for the top where it says contacts. Very strange and very annoying.

Anyone?
It is not to do with the memory chip afterall. It is the bluetooth car kit im using. It is a Sony Ericsson one