All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-08-2007, 04:05 AM

pandab34r is on a distinguished road
allow application to use network

I am trying to use morange on my E62 but I keep repeatedly having to select yes when my phone asks weather or not to allow Morange to use netowork (MEdia Net) to send or recieve data. Its very annoying and seems to disable a few features from working. How can I shut it off?

ALso, does anyone else here use Morange? What are your thoughts? I think its pretty cool, I just wish my phones OS was as responsive and quick as Morange...

Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 AM

funaki is on a distinguished road
THis applies for GMAIL App that i was having problem with.

See if this helps you in fixing the problem with morange.

From the main menu, select Tools > Manager.
Scroll to Gmail. (in your case morange)
Select Options > Suite settings > Network access and change the setting to Ask first time.
Select Options > Suite settings > Application access and change the setting to Always allowed.
You can also modify the Edit user data and Read user data settings to Ask every time.

i guess the menu will be a little different in your case depending on the device.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 AM

mjlaris is on a distinguished road
What kind of device do you have because I don't have any options even close to what you specified on any of my S60 devices.

Mark
Ads

Old 11-08-2007, 05:02 PM

desertrat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaris View Post
What kind of device do you have because I don't have any options even close to what you specified on any of my S60 devices.
On the E70 those options are under the Application Manager.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 AM

lilmouse is on a distinguished road
E62 nice phone to run APP

i am using E61 that so similar with your phone model. yes, everytime i will be told to allow Morange to access network to send or receive data when login. But i think that's the protocol of security for Nokia series. Cant change.

Morange released 3.3.2,i noticed new feature of Motalk service that i can make international call with low cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandab34r View Post
I am trying to use morange on my E62 but I keep repeatedly having to select yes when my phone asks weather or not to allow Morange to use netowork (MEdia Net) to send or recieve data. Its very annoying and seems to disable a few features from working. How can I shut it off?

ALso, does anyone else here use Morange? What are your thoughts? I think its pretty cool, I just wish my phones OS was as responsive and quick as Morange...

Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 PM

FontaineBleu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmouse View Post
i am using E61 that so similar with your phone model. yes, everytime i will be told to allow Morange to access network to send or receive data when login. But i think that's the protocol of security for Nokia series. Cant change.

Morange released 3.3.2,i noticed new feature of Motalk service that i can make international call with low cost.

I don't think it can be changed. You need to allow Morange to access network because you need to pay for the data; the second step is to select network you want to use, this cannot be skipped either.

I am using 3.3.3, a little bit newer than your version. Beside VOIP, this version has global SMS also. And the rate is much better than VOIP.