All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quickoffice 3.1 now available - S60 3rd Edition support

Quickoffice today announced the release of the new versionof its office suite for Symbian phone - Quickoffice 3.1. The new version now supports all S60 3rd Edition devices such as the E61, N73, N80 and N91. The viewer component of the program is provided for free. The major new feature is the addition of the Quickmanager component which allows the download and purchase, in application, of program updates and new mobile applications.

Read on in the full article.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:45 PM

charliebrown490 is on a distinguished road
Angry Reinstallation impossible!

Be aware that if you buy QuickOffice Editor and then you uninstall it (for instance after a firmware upgrade) you have to buy it again and then ask to be refunded: that's what happened to me and QuickOffice Support won't do anything to help!

How can you trust people like these? No software in the world acts this way!!
Ads

Old 12-10-2006, 07:44 AM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
I purchased/installed this yesterday as I needed access to some Word and Excel files. Very tidy and at 10.50, a bargain. Even get a free Sudoku game with it.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:48 PM

elp is on a distinguished road
Is it just me being thick or is it impossible to find where this damn quickoffice is?

There is no link to the download page in the article. No link either in Shaun's post about quickoffice. I've looked for quickoffice on the AAS software market page and got 0 results. I've looked for quickoffice on handango.com and got 0 results. I've looked for quickoffice in Nokia's Catalog application on my E61 and found it but since i've got version 3.06 installed on my phone, selecting it launches the application already installed on the phone instead of downloading the new version (yes, i did update the catalog's list). I finally managed to find quickoffice's web site by looking for quickoffice S60 on Google. But even there, finding where the setup file for the free viewer was wasn't easy at all. And when i finally found it and downloaded it, i realized that what i had downloaded was version 3.06, the same as the one i've already got. So where the hell is version 3.1?

Bonus question: given that even me who is fairly knowledgable in all that symbian stuff, can't easily find where to download this app, how are "normal" (that is non-geek) people supposed to find out about it and download it?

Old 13-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.quickoffice.com/s60v311/

sorry should have linked in orginal post

Old 13-10-2006, 04:51 PM

elp is on a distinguished road
Thanks Rafe. So i've tried to install the free viewer and i have to say that it's been quite an horror story.

Thinks started to go wrong as soon as i had the file downloaded. The file was called QuickOfficePro. Uh? I don't want no "Pro" version, i just want the free viewer!

Anyway, it seemed that all i could download was the "Pro" version (whatever that is) so i connected my phone to the PC and launched the install. I already had the older version of the viewer installed and the first thing the installer asked was: "Do you want to replace version 3.06 with version 3.06?". Err... the download page said it was version 3.1. So where is this damn version 3.1? I thought that maybe the version of the setup file was wrong but that it actually contained version 3.1. So i went ahead and installed it. It took a while to install, far too long.

Then it asked me if I wanted to install the "License Manager". What the f*** is that? I just want the free viewer for christ sake, i don't want any "License Manager", this is non-sense. I chose to install it anyway since i didn't have any choice it seemed. Judging by how slow the progress bar progressed, it looked like it was going to take a good 20 minutes to install so I went to have a coffee. When i came back, an error message saying something along the lines of: "No more memory on phone. Delete some files" was displayed. I asked the damn thing to install on the memory card so why does it care about the phone's memory? And i've got 6MB free on the phone (and 13MB free on the memory card) so that should be plenty anyway.

So i gave up. I'm stunned by how bad this thing is.

Old 19-10-2006, 05:22 PM

naastephens is on a distinguished road
"Unable To Install"

Gone through the same process as "elp"

My error message: "Unable To Install"

Nokia E61

Old 16-11-2006, 12:34 PM

sandeep108 is on a distinguished road
http://www.quickoffice.com/download/...33_0_emea1.sis
This is a 2MB file, but seems to be the free viewer update, if anybody wants to try it and give some feedback.

Old 21-06-2007, 11:04 AM

KULBIRSINGHSALU is on a distinguished road
N91 quck offfice

Tried to install "quickofficeProUpdate_3633_0_emea1.sis"
but there is a error"install base file first"
now where we'll be able to find base file?????

Help.....

Kulbir Singh