All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Mediterrano

Troubel sending MMS

Hi,

I brought the Nokia 6600 several weeks ago and was abel to send succesfully anykind of MMS Messages. Unfortunately after updating the firmware (my nokia provider told me so?!) the MMS function doesn't work the way it does before. While pictures works quite fine the integration of *.mid files are a pain in the neck. Every time I try to compose a mms with sound, I receive the error message: The Format are not supported (something like this)!

Does someone know how to solve this issue.

I have also troubles to send any kind of sound files via bluetooth or IR?

thanks
Ads

Old 11-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediterrano
Hi,

I have also troubles to send any kind of sound files via bluetooth or IR?

thanks
Why was it necessary to upgrade the firmware? U might as well downgrade again if nokia cant fix ur problem. I would have suggested to download the system configurations from ur network provider but u mentioned that just as u attach the file it gets errors. Do a full format as well.

Can this be a cause of Copy protection as well?

Last edited by Kamalayan; 11-10-2004 at 09:13 AM.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Mediterrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Why was it necessary to upgrade the firmware? U might as well downgrade again if nokia cant fix ur problem. I would have suggested to download the system configurations from ur network provider but u mentioned that just as u attach the file it gets errors. Do a full format as well.

Can this be a cause of Copy protection as well?

I'm not sure about the copy protection but the reason to update was the missing fonts setting for the sms messages (turkish).

Actually not all mid files are copyright issues, some of them are generated by myself or sent by a friend and the mms funtion still complains about object format are not supported. Have you an idea how I can check if the full functionality of the mms (is it a matter of copyright or not); are there any codes available or tools.
What makes me suspiciuos is that he is complaining only with sound files, the rest works pretty good. Sorry for asking but are there any possibility to send (IR or Blutooth) such a protected files (only the ones created by myself of course).

thanks

Old 11-10-2004, 11:27 PM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediterrano
are there any possibility to send (IR or Blutooth) such a protected files (only the ones created by myself of course).

thanks
Yes, use a file manager, (Fexplore, seleq) to locate the file, rename the file extension to anything *.*mips, *.*mis, ur call, then send by BT OR IR. U may want to put the extension back from its original extension both on ur phone and on the recipients phone when received/sent.