All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-04-2010, 04:33 AM

entersanjay is on a distinguished road
No IMEI, does not turn off

Hey guys,

I have a Nokia E63 NAM. Just recently, I noticed quite a weird issue with the phone. I am unable to get the phone to display any information using the numeric codes. For example, I type in *#06# to display the IMEI or *#0000# to get the firmware info or *#92702689# to get the life timer, bbut nothing shows up and after that when I press any key I get like a white background for a second and then phone is back to my home screen. I dont understand this at all, because everything else on phone works perfectly. Does anybody have any idea why this might be?

Also, my second issue is with the Call End/Switch off button. As y'all know, the E63 doesnt have a dedicated power button, so in order to switch off the phone we are supposed to press the call end button, however, when I do this on my E63 all I get is: END packet data connection ***************? I want to know how can I switch off my phone.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Old 14-04-2010, 08:32 AM

bump!!! Hasn't anybody ever had this issue?? Does anyone know if this a known defect in the default firmware of the Nokia E63 NAM?
Ads

Old 14-04-2010, 02:30 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Fake Phone ?

To make things clear , did you just buy the (probably fake Nokia) phone , or were you a happy user before ?
Anyway , a Nokia always can be switch-off by removing the battery ... and give it a new try .

Regards jApi NL

Old 14-04-2010, 03:46 PM

No, I've been a happy user for about 3 months, and its only now that I've come across the problem. And no, the phone is not fake, I bought it direct through Dell Small Business, so yeah I know its definitely the real deal. Any ideas regarding this issue, I mean honestly I've been a Nokia user for close to 10 years now and have never come across an issue like this. I hope somebody has, so I'll know what to do!

Old 14-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Smile Software - Memory

It looks like the phone is almost freezing , when you enter the commands . Weird : any button brings it back , via a white screen , to the homescreen . Normally the left softkey will bring it back to the Homescreen .
Did you recently install a new software ?
Or a corrupted file might interfere . A reboot (remove battery) , soft reset *#7780# or hard reset *#7370# should help . See my post here :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
I hope these commands work ... At least try *#7780# as the inconvenience for the user is only some change in settings .
Memory full (C: and RAM) can be an issue as well , since the phone is almost freezing , but doesn't clarify the power-off problem .

Regards jApi NL

Old 14-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Hmm, yeah its really weird. I tried the soft reset:*#7780# but even that does not have effect. basically, its as if nothing happens, i type in the command the phones goes back to my active desktop. Is there any setting that maybe I have changed by mistake?? Also I have installed JBakTaskman which is a task manager do you think maybe I ended an important task or something.

Old 15-04-2010, 02:04 PM

Smile Corrupted File

I have JBakTaskman running on my phone a long time allready , but it never happened that there was no response to *# commands from the Homescreen .
For a try , you could uninstall JB Taskman , as it's no issue to reinstall it again .
My conclusion so far is that a corrupted file is causing this problem .
As the phone doesn't respond to *# commands , normally I would suggest the Vulcan Death Grip . But as you said , the E63 doesn't have a power-on button , it looks like a reflash of the firmware is left over as a solution .. Both manipulations do the same thing : refresh the firmware from scratch .

Regards jApi NL

Last edited by jApi NL; 15-04-2010 at 02:07 PM.