All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM

fbloise is on a distinguished road
Nokia N93 camera issues with the optical zoom

hello everybody

I just received a Black Nokia N93 from a friend. He gave it for around US$70 so is kinda cheap.
The weak point is that the N93 battery doesn't last more than a day. I can live with that.
The other point is that the camera pictures look blurred, out of focus.

I used to have one silver N93 and you know when you use the optical zoom, you can actually hear the little camera module doing those buzzing noises.
This one you cannot. no matter how you try, it doesnt do the buzzing or the optical zoom.

I just took it apart (i know a lot doing this) and the lens module were out of focus.
I just move it back and forth to take it back to its original place. Now I can take pictures without the blurred thing or take videos just fine.

But the optical zoom still isn't working.

Do you guys know how to fix it.

Look, I live in dominican republic, a country full of motorolas and Sony ericsson crappy cellphones. Nobody will ever attempt what I just did here (take the N93 apart), and not a single cellphone (you guys call them mobile) shop want to fix it for me.

I took it to a camera fixing shop but the guy face was so unsured that I didnt left my N93. Just don't want nobody practice with this piece of fine finnish technology.

let me know if one of you had same problem.

Old 26-02-2008, 09:01 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Dont you have a Nokia Care Centre in your city?
Ads

Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 PM

bana1988 is on a distinguished road
could u tell me exactly what u did to fix the blur in detail please, i have the same prob u had.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM

lcgm8 is on a distinguished road
Hi! About issues n93. I have some problems with videocamera using n93.
I live here in Finland and had a little chat yesterday with one of the engineer behind n93. And she hadn't heard these kind of problems with n93. I'm gonna email to her today about all the issues i have with n93. And i will also send her links to this and some other sites to show her there is serious problems with firmware update v20 and above. I'm gonna (hopefully) take my phone to their research center and they gonna debugg my phone and read possible crash logs. I've owned n93 for over a year and shoot videoclips more than 10000.
If You guys here have suggestions and bug reports about the firmware, please post them now and i will send Your wishes and reports to the right people. I'm gonna ask if i can have very basic firmware for my phone and test for videocamera then.
Here's some music videos i've made with n93:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8
Cheers: juha