All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Furtiv brings Dropbox to S60

Furtiv, the creators of plugins for Nokia Share Online, have announced (on their blog) a new beta version plugin to upload photos to the popular cloud storage service, Dropbox. This provides the ability for a user to synchronise their files across multiple computers, and so photos uploaded from an S60 phone to Dropbox will be available to every computer a user has Dropbox installed on. Anyone wanting to try out this new plugin just needs to go to http://furtiv.mobi with their S60 browser and select the Dropbox plugin.

Read on in the full article.

Old 14-07-2010, 11:29 AM

tawalker is on a distinguished road
Whilst this is a positive and welcome move (I am a keen Dropbox user), this comes a little late for me personally, as Pixelpipe added Dropbox upload support a couple of months ago. Pixelpipe plugs neatly into Nokia Share Online, and allows one-stop uploads to multiple destinations at once - I usually upload photos via PP to Flickr, Picasa and Ovi, and PP also deposits a copy in my Dropbox.

It's good to see some competition, though, and I'm just glad someone is making it easier to back up my snapshots to somewhere safe(r)
Ads

Old 14-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Only images? Pixelpipe don't support arbitrary filetypes for dropbox either, which misses the point. I wasted a lot of time on Share Online; stick with email is my advice; it works nicely on s60 (the sending part only), though not with dropbox

Old 20-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Jaggernod

I totally agree with "Unregistered". It would be great if Dropbox team considered creating decent Symbian application. Doesn't have to be a native Symbian C++, I think Qt could do nicely now.
But I don't complain that "Share online" doesn't have this, it should be just an app for sharing media and thats all.