All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM

TheChief01 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Stereo Bluetooth Headset Problem

Hi

First post so please bear with me. The other day I purchased two I-TECH Clip S35 Bluetooth Stereo Headsets, one for me and one for my partner. I have a W950i and she has the W850i. Both of us can pair with our respective headsets and listen to music. However, after a short period of time, approx. 3 mins, my headset will turn itself off and then require resetting before it will turn back on. My partner can continue using her headset without problems. If I pair my headset with my W950i but do nothing else, e.g. not listen to music or make a call, the headset will appear to be ok for longer than I have been able to wait. However should you try to use the headset, e.g. for recieving a call or listening to music, the W950i reports that the bluetooth device is no longer connected and will not reconnect until I have turned off the headset and put it back into pairing mode.

When me and my partner swap headsets exactly the same happens to her headset when connected to my phone. Yet my headset connected to her phone works fine.

Could this be something to do with the bluetooth on my W950i?

Does anybody have the settings for bluetooth on the W950i so I can check mine?

Has anybody had similar problems with bluetooth devices on the W950i?

I really want to use a stereo bluetooth headset but do not like the price of the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970. If any one knows of a set that works of reasonable price I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any one offering help.
Ads

Old 05-04-2007, 12:01 PM

richardgnz is on a distinguished road
Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT820

I have the W950i and wanted a good stereo bluetooth headset that I could use for the gym.

I brought the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820 and the sound quality is perfect!

I have only used them once at the gym so far and I could control the volume and tracks using the buttons on the side. I ran for 50 mins and they were still comfortable and stable on my head. Very impressed with the sound - I actually heard some detail in songs that I had not previously noticed - quite impressive really when you you think I was in a loud gym and running!

The only thing that bothers me is about 5 seconds into each and every song there is a 1/2 second pause. Not too sure what is causing that and what could be done about it - again have not had time to fiddle with settings but it does seem odd.

Everytime I connect it I seem to have to input the "0000" connection code to get it to work - its my first bluetooth device so maybe thats normal?

Have not tested an incoming call on them yet - but they do have a built in microphone hidden next to one of the earpieces. Can't comment on the battery life as not used them enough yet.

Would recommend this headphone- I managed to pick it up for £28 on ebay (It came from Hong Kong and comes with a US style plug connector - lucky I had a Us transformer already - if I didn't then I would have to have spent another £20 on buying one. In which case I would have been better of buying it from amazon.co.uk for £64 and getting the UK plug....)

Old 20-04-2007, 03:02 PM

spsafe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardgnz View Post
I have the W950i and wanted a good stereo bluetooth headset that I could use for the gym.

I brought the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820 and the sound quality is perfect!

I have only used them once at the gym so far and I could control the volume and tracks using the buttons on the side. I ran for 50 mins and they were still comfortable and stable on my head. Very impressed with the sound - I actually heard some detail in songs that I had not previously noticed - quite impressive really when you you think I was in a loud gym and running!

The only thing that bothers me is about 5 seconds into each and every song there is a 1/2 second pause. Not too sure what is causing that and what could be done about it - again have not had time to fiddle with settings but it does seem odd.

Everytime I connect it I seem to have to input the "0000" connection code to get it to work - its my first bluetooth device so maybe thats normal?

Have not tested an incoming call on them yet - but they do have a built in microphone hidden next to one of the earpieces. Can't comment on the battery life as not used them enough yet.

Would recommend this headphone- I managed to pick it up for £28 on ebay (It came from Hong Kong and comes with a US style plug connector - lucky I had a Us transformer already - if I didn't then I would have to have spent another £20 on buying one. In which case I would have been better of buying it from amazon.co.uk for £64 and getting the UK plug....)
I have the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820 too and experience with it is very good. The only think is that the volume of the music transferred from my W950i is not that high compared to using the headphones that come with the handset. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea on how to increase the volume through the wireless headset. A comment on the duration of the battery of the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820, it lasts for at least 4-5 days of high usage and call making. In addition, you can not control from the headset fastforward or rewind functions. It only allows you to go forward or backwards a few seconds or change track.

Old 20-04-2007, 03:22 PM

richardgnz is on a distinguished road
Motorola

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsafe View Post
I have the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820 too and experience with it is very good. The only think is that the volume of the music transferred from my W950i is not that high compared to using the headphones that come with the handset. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea on how to increase the volume through the wireless headset. A comment on the duration of the battery of the Motorola Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset HT 820, it lasts for at least 4-5 days of high usage and call making. In addition, you can not control from the headset fastforward or rewind functions. It only allows you to go forward or backwards a few seconds or change track.
I have not noticed any problems with the volume level - I use it at the gym which is noisy and I dont have it on the loudest setting... What firmware are you using?

All of the problems I mentioned in my previous post have been resolved since I de-branded my phone from Orange and applied the latest World 1 firmware update.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:41 AM

spsafe is on a distinguished road
Motorola Bluetooth headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardgnz View Post
I have not noticed any problems with the volume level - I use it at the gym which is noisy and I dont have it on the loudest setting... What firmware are you using?

All of the problems I mentioned in my previous post have been resolved since I de-branded my phone from Orange and applied the latest World 1 firmware update.
Hi i have the following details:
Phone:
CXC162037 R9EC001

Bluetooth:
CXC 162058 R3A01

ORGANISER:
CXC 162088 R4B02

CDA:
CDA 162017/18 R4A01

Do you think it's an issue of firmware? Ericsson do not say anything about the bugs or problems they resolve with the new updates they post.