All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-10-2010, 05:47 PM

pieter.wiltjer is on a distinguished road
N8 and the mac (problems with Nokia Multimedia Transfer for mac)

I'm back with Nokia, after a full year flirt with the Iphone 3GS.
I'm now trying to get my stuff (esp. music) on my new N8. I downloaded the isync and Nokia Multimedia transfer for mac but it seems not to be working.
Anyone (Steve???) some experience with this?

Old 25-10-2010, 05:16 AM

sapporobaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter.wiltjer View Post
I'm back with Nokia, after a full year flirt with the Iphone 3GS.
I'm now trying to get my stuff (esp. music) on my new N8. I downloaded the isync and Nokia Multimedia transfer for mac but it seems not to be working.
Anyone (Steve???) some experience with this?
At the risk of being obtuse, can you define not working? Nokia iSync plugins have always been a bit buggy. I tend to use Novamedia's as they work all the time they actually answer support questions. BTW, NMT still remains more of a science project than a real app.

Just curious, after your year flirt how much did you spend on apps for the iPhone? Were most apps, if your purchased any, free?

Old 25-10-2010, 07:02 AM

The problem is that the music is not transferred to my phone. NMT is quite busy (% CPU use around 100%), but seems to hang.
Pictures I took are transferred to iPhoto, so that seems to work well.

To answer your curiosity. I bought a few apps, mostly free. I remember paying for DocsToGo, Guitar Toolkit, Accountr and Alarm Clock. Apps on the Iphone are quite a bit cheaper as on Symbian, although it seems that the prices are getting better (slowly...).

I'm still looking for a good accounting software and a chromatic guitar tuner. Any ideas?
Ads

Old 25-10-2010, 07:26 AM

sapporobaby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter.wiltjer View Post
The problem is that the music is not transferred to my phone. NMT is quite busy (% CPU use around 100%), but seems to hang.
Pictures I took are transferred to iPhoto, so that seems to work well.

To answer your curiosity. I bought a few apps, mostly free. I remember paying for DocsToGo, Guitar Toolkit, Accountr and Alarm Clock. Apps on the Iphone are quite a bit cheaper as on Symbian, although it seems that the prices are getting better (slowly...).

I'm still looking for a good accounting software and a chromatic guitar tuner. Any ideas?
Well, I have not used a Nokia as my main phone in some time. Pretty much an iPhone4 guy. Works for my life style. However my experience with the NMT is that it is more miss than hit. Sometimes it works wonderfully but times not. As I said, NMT is more of a science project than a reliable app. There is always: Salling Media Sync @ www.sallying.com, or there are Novamedia solutions @ www.noavamedia.de. They should get you where you need to go.

I was wondering about the app purchase because I had read earlier and believe by the way that people who invest quite a bit in apps, accessories, etc... in the iOS domain will unlikely switch away from their iPhones and go with Nokia. The same with Android. My opinion, but I just do not see people throwing away their investment. However, I could be wrong.

Old 25-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post
Well, I have not used a Nokia as my main phone in some time. Pretty much an iPhone4 guy. Works for my life style. However my experience with the NMT is that it is more miss than hit. Sometimes it works wonderfully but times not. As I said, NMT is more of a science project than a reliable app. There is always: Salling Media Sync @ www.sallying.com, or there are Novamedia solutions @ www.noavamedia.de. They should get you where you need to go.

I was wondering about the app purchase because I had read earlier and believe by the way that people who invest quite a bit in apps, accessories, etc... in the iOS domain will unlikely switch away from their iPhones and go with Nokia. The same with Android. My opinion, but I just do not see people throwing away their investment. However, I could be wrong.
Thanks, Salling Media Sync seems to be the answer for me.