All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Viji

space character in handwriting mode

Can someone help me in telling how space is entered between words using handwriting mode?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Viji

Vidoes

I tried to add Mpeg files in the videos folder, but i am not able to play them. Can you please help me in guiding how to add videos to the fone and what format can be used?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viji View Post
I tried to add Mpeg files in the videos folder, but i am not able to play them. Can you please help me in guiding how to add videos to the fone and what format can be used?
it does not play mpeg videos. You have to convert them to mp4 format. Google video converters and you will get a lot of softwares which do it.

Once you convert to mp4 format just load them and play via the video player.
Ads

Old 09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Cheap toy from NOKIA

I bought Nokia 5800 in india and used it. i have already HTC touch .. HTC touch is far better than NOKIA 5800.. both has similar touch option and sensitivity.. only thing is Screen..

Nokia 5800 has bigger screen but very bulky in our pocket than HTC..

and the cheap plastics and the Sim card and memory card inserter also look like toy plastic

and bad thing is it didnt have navikeys.. only 3 keys in bottom

1 call
2 cancel
3 center one is menu key

for scrolling it was hard.. in HTC have navi keys to move and scroll... touch sensitivity is not as soft as iphone.. it took harder

may be N97 is far better than nokia 5800 for its qwerty keyboard and navi keys

so waiting for N97....

Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
AJ111

messenger for Nokia 5800

I have yet to find an IM for 5800. Can anyone help out?

Old 19-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Rao

Is it possible to edit MS Office Files

Old 27-01-2009, 01:23 PM
luke7263

Charging with USB

I just called Nokia, and sorry: charging with USB is not possible :(
I cannot believe they did not do it, since all Windows Mobile phone do it ... They create a nice new touch mobile product, but they forget such important thing ...

Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Got mine!

So I got my new 5800 on Saturday and I just wanted to say, I really, really love this phone! Sounds quite sad I know, but I haven't had that 'special' feeling since I had the first antenna-less phone back in the day, ye old Nokia 3210 (I think)! The one thing I really like about the phone? It's a phone loaded with all the usual bits and bobs you'd expect to see on a phone in this day and age! As opposed to other touch screen phone's which are like mini over complicated pocket computers and don't resemble the humble phone shape at all! A brand new touch screen fully customisable up to date phone is what I wanted and a brand new touch screen phone fully customisable phone is what I got! Happys dayz...

Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Nokia 5800 Express Music

Wow - this has to be the most comprehensive review of I phone I've ever read! Really impressed with the amount of detail. I was a bit stuck with the phone but you really helped me out.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Peter Galbavy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viji View Post
Can someone help me in telling how space is entered between words using handwriting mode?
underscore - i.e. a line left to right along the guide line.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

chris

Which phone should i buy when given the choise of the N85 and the 5800? Cant decide.......

Old 27-02-2009, 06:19 PM
cosmonokia

Nokia 5800 languages

How many languages are installed in the Nokia 5800 ? Previous models with hardware keybord included limited language packages ? Does it contain at least the EU languages ?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 PM
unregistered

Smile Great Phone

I have been using this phone for a week now and over all its a great phone... only two problems, I'm sure one of which will be sorted soon...

-sometimes some lag when flicking through menu system which can get annoying
-a huge disappointment that the phone can't play .avi, .mov files etc as I'm a mac user and primarily watch films etc using these formats

+ the isync system works brilliantly with ICAL and the 5800's calender
+the Nokia media transfer app works great with ITUNES and makes video, mp3 transfers a piece of cake.

If someone can find a way of getting the above video formats to play on the phone then its a winner, a proper DIVX app would be grand!

4.5/5

:]

Old 10-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

Omg

OMG i get mine tomorrow, going to need a masters degree to use it after my N73 lol

Fabulous review understood some of it (how to turn it on) lost me after that.........

never say never

Old 28-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Bundle of problems

Nokia 5800 is a bundle of technology which lead to nowhere. It has the entire sci-fi feature which collapse now and then. The phone support is pathetic. The software symbian60 v5 is not fit for the instrument and if you happen to use the phone for use other than the basic talking / music you will surely get lost. My instrument got locked after uploading firmware from Nokia. A new instrument was given which again does not connect to computer and is of no use. Since its launch in Jan 09 in India, the handset is with the repair team for more than 2 months and they are helpless as the problems do not get resolved and a replacement of handset is the only solution. If the phone is out of warranty, you will be out of luck. Even if i get my new handset I am sure this instrument will not last more than 1 yrs. The prices have reduced by 5K bucks since its official launch in India. No doubt the company has realized that there are no takers for a crap box which does not works. The instrument will surely be withdrawn from market in less than a yr. time. If you have made up your mind to get this instrument, I suggest to add few more bucks and invest in a established instrument and not in Flicker model. I know, Nokia is a trustworthy name but there are always errors from even the best and 5800 is one such example of blunder. Instead go for touch screen from Samsung / HTC / Sony which may have lesser feature and higher price but still work as desired.