All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-10-2011, 06:30 AM

malcolmlau is on a distinguished road
FM Transmitter not in Hong Kong Version

I exchanged my E7 for the N8 recently as i thought the FM transmitter would be a good gimmick to have. Unfortunately, i found out pretty quickly that the Hong Kong version does not have this function.

Anyway, does anyone know if the hardware is in my phone still, and just the software is preventing me from using it? If so, is there a way to enable it?

Old 13-10-2011, 12:19 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Yes .. you need another firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmlau View Post
I exchanged my E7 for the N8 recently as i thought the FM transmitter would be a good gimmick to have. Unfortunately, i found out pretty quickly that the Hong Kong version does not have this function.

Anyway, does anyone know if the hardware is in my phone still, and just the software is preventing me from using it? If so, is there a way to enable it?
pick a Singapore code or somewhere similar if you still require the Chinese support

Old 14-10-2011, 02:56 AM

malcolmlau is on a distinguished road
seriously? the hardware is there?...just need to flash with another countries firmware?

Old 14-10-2011, 07:00 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Most probably it, indeed, is disabled for legal/regulatory reasons, in the software for some countries (where using it isn't allowed, or requires some special license, or some such difficulty). It is extremely unlikely that Nokia would bother to make different hardware versions just for disabling the FM transmitter in some countries.
Ads

Old 15-10-2011, 10:18 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Belkin Tunecast ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniani2525 View Post
vI'm looking for a device that allows me to play the songs from my ipod library through my car speakers.
or some similar device .. you really are asking in the wrong place though

Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 AM

mazor is on a distinguished road
Hey I know this is an old topic.

But I find myself in a similar situation whereby my nokia 808 has HK region firmware installed. It is a good firmware as it supports chinese input methods, plus by default there is a shutter sound disable in the preferences. The only issue is there is not FM transmitter.

I have looked up and found that all HK region nokias will have FM transmitter disabled. And I see changing to a Singapore region firmware will re enable the FM transmitter in the operating system, plus chinese input is retained. My only issues with that firmware is that the Camera shutter sound disable feature is not allowed in that region, so I will be stuck with a horrible camera sound everytime I capture an image.

So I am stuck here, either having a Nokia 808 with FM transmitter but shutter sounds permanently enabled or no FM transmitter and shutter sounds ability to be disabled.

Help

MAzor

Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Banned

RTGDJF is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your message, look forward to your update again

Old 10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

mazor is on a distinguished road
yes the tranmission range of the n8 is soo little, that unles the phone is right near the car stereo the quality will not be good.

Anyway with modern cars, they have bluetooth, and bluetooth stereo is far superior than fm transmisssion any day.

Also I am in the same boat with my 808 hk edition. I know the hardware fm transmit is there but just cannot be bothered re firmware hacking to a different region, as I enjoy the ability to disable shutter sound by default, and chinese support.