All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia Messaging for IM in beta for touch devices

Nokia Messaging for IM is now available in beta for Nokia's touch devices including the Nokia N97 and N97 mini. The client has been completely redesigned with a focus on 'an efficient user experience'. The aim of Nokia Messaging for IM is to offer a 'desktop like IM experience on your Nokia device'. Features include support for Ovi, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk, custom status messages, full avatar support and homescreen integration N97 and N97 mini only).

Read on in the full article.

Old 28-05-2010, 05:44 PM
jaclu

Not even close to N900

Not even close to N900

I really hoped for full integration as in N900, thats the only phone I found that fully integrates all contacts into one. It seems such an obvious idea to have skype, gtalk & facebook etc directly in your contacts.

All these dedicated chat and contact joggling apps are so 1900...

Unfortunately the battery time for an N900 is similar to a laptop (if you have anything runnin), so I end up having to use a normal phone as primary device

Old 29-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Ovi Contacts

What happened to Ovi contacts? Is this the replacement?

Old 29-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
Had to uninstall it due to it freezing my N97, and rendering it useless due to lack of memory. When will Nokia understand that we can install applications to mass memory, and still use them? SBP Shell 3.5 is a classic example of this, it installs to mass memory, and still performs better that the N97's own UI.

Old 29-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Slow.....

This Nokia app is really slow-again Just like the Communities. And I am sure that it will not get any better or faster for that matter. So....as much as I try to stay with Nokia & it's touch thingie I am going back to E71 or E72 and HTC Android....'couse with apps like this I just can't pretend any more.

Anyone ready to change my N97 mini with it's E72 or HTC ;-) ?
Ads

Old 29-05-2010, 04:03 PM

Jimmy1 is on a distinguished road
So, I'm assuming that with the Yahoo deal, that this all changes now? Is it going to be 'Nokia Messaging powered by Yahoo!" or "Yahoo! Messaging"?

Or is Yahoo just taking over Ovi Mail? I thought it was Chat and IM as well.

Old 30-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Jabber support please

Why there is no Jabber support in Symbian? Only N900 has it and it seriously rocks.

Old 18-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

MOV Converter for Mac is specially designed for Mac OS X users which can convert various video and audio formats to MOV with just a few clicks, including avi, flv, 3gp, mp4, mpg, 3gp, mov, m4v, ts, tp, trp, mts, m2ts, tp, mkv, mod, asf, mp3, mka, wav, wma, mp2, jpg, bmp, ect.
In addition, you can customize watermark at will, such as set image watermark, text watermark, ect.
Category:
AVI to MOV Converter for Mac
FLV to MOV Converter for Mac
DIVX to MOV Converter for Mac
DVD to MOV Converter for Mac
MP4 to MOV Converter for Mac
M4V to VOB Converter for Mac
MPG to MOV Converter for Mac
WMV to MOV Converter for Mac
VOB to MOV Converter for Mac