All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 30-06-2010, 07:48 AM

manopeas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is a shame really.. I always watch Live Motogp races on it whenever I'm out n about and away from my laptop.. Now there goes my full year subscription on Motogp.com coz I'm always out n about n away from my laptop.. But hey.. they only mentioned Winmo & Symbian devices.. Does that mean Android devices are fully supported everywhere?? Then I should suggest Nokia buy this company now and make Skyfire its default browser(after tweaking some improvements, of course).. c",)
There's no reason for Nokia to buy Skyfire. With the amount of phones Nokia is selling, they would have lost money even faster than Skyfire does today.

I bet Skyfire's primary business plan was to be bought. It clearly failed, so now they have to cut down on their expenses.

Old 30-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I think it's just for version 1 of the browser according to the blog. 2.0 and above should still work fine. thanks, hector graham.

Old 30-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

After reading the blog post, I can see the direction where Skyfire wants to go: weaning users off the more 'expensive' 1.0 and 1.5, and moving them to the more profitable 2.0 browser. However, 2.0 is only featured on (guess who?!) Android and iPhone... with support 'coming soon' for Symbian. Nice to see another company who becomes successful off one group of users, and then dumps them for what they think will be the next big thing (I'm looking at you, Palm... hope HP picks your bones clean!).

Old 30-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Yea, expect to see a paid version of Skyfire soon.

Old 30-06-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I think it's just for version 1 of the browser according to the blog. 2.0 and above should still work fine. thanks, hector graham.
It will work if they can stop losing money at an accelerating rate. At this point it looks like Skyfire will basically be a media viewer on top of the existing/built in browser..

Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

here in india it was workin fine till yesterday..its very sad tat it has stopped workin from today..i hope opera upgrades its mini to support flash content.
Ads

Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
rafikkha

Application set by set

skyfire downlod

Old 19-07-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
here in india it was workin fine till yesterday..its very sad tat it has stopped workin from today..i hope opera upgrades its mini to support flash content.
Not gonna happen. Transcoding video is too expensive.