All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Unlimited calls, texts and data from Giffgaff

The UK virtual network Giffgaff (who we’ve written about previously) has announced the prices of the various bundles to go along with the Pay as you Go standard networks. Alongside that they’ve declared that unlimited really is unlimited… as long as it’s for personal use and you don’t tether the mobile to a deskbound computer.

Read on in the full article.
Ads

Old 15-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Beer Other places

Sri Lanka already has something like this.

http://mobitel.lk/postpaid/upahara.html

Old 15-04-2010, 02:50 PM
bp101

Not quite as revolutionary as they'd promised. Tesco Mobile does unlimited calls, text and data for 30 (albeit with fair use policy, whatever that means).

Old 15-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I was a bit disappointed myself. Was really hoping for a 5 data bundle. Bit of an anti-climax.

The 10 bundle is good value. I guess 5 for unlimited texts is good if that's what you are into. The rest are comparable with others.

Unlimited is unlimited but does not include tethered use.

Free 0800 is also very good.

But as mentioned, if you can live with 500MB "fair use", then Tesco do good deals as well, with 30 day rolling contract.

It's kind of strange the way giffgaff have attracted users from the likes of tesco, asda, three with the free data and cheap 8ppm for calls, but are now taking away the free data unless you commit to at least 10 a month bundle. Otherwise, it's 50p per day (2MB per Meg, capped at 50p).

Kind of shooting themselves in the foot in some ways.

Do love the forum based approach and they do seem responsive. So trying to talk them round into offering some additional data centric bundles.

Zuber

Old 15-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Interesting. Currently I have o2 which allows me (no contract) 15 gives me 60 minutes calls , plus unlimited texts and internet. I currently don't get anywhere near 60 minutes of calls, so my credit keeps rolling over and building up. I have ove 100 credit on the phone!

So, I could possibly save 5 per month if I went to GiffGaff 10, but would have to pay 15 to unlock, and use up all that credit!

Old 16-04-2010, 12:59 AM

Hurlley is on a distinguished road
hmm so everyone in the country could order the sim each activate with 10, then just call each other, text each other and video call each other for completely free forever, with no further topup?

edit oh wait:
Quote:
Free to giffgaff:
You need to top-up at least every 3 months to receive free giffgaff to giffgaff calls, if you don't other UK rates will apply as above.The free giffgaff to giffgaff calls last for 60 minutes per call, so you need to hang up and re-dial if you want to keep talking.

Free Mobile Internet:
You luckly giffgaff pioneers can even enjoy free UK Mobile Internet up to the 25th of May.

Free numbers:
We also believe that a free number should be just that, so all 0800 and similar numbers really are free.
ok so if everyone in the country switched to giffgaff it would cost everyone with a mobile 40 a year to call everyone else.

Last edited by Hurlley; 16-04-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Old 17-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Three do something similar (free three to three calls). Would need to top up 5 every three months.

Zuber

Old 17-04-2010, 08:47 PM

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
thats a great plan.....everyone quick....change to 3, and then for 20 a year you can speak to everyone as much a you like! Surely a facebook group can organise something like this!

there's got to be a catch though...someone tell me why it wouldn't work!

Old 19-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd View Post
thats a great plan.....everyone quick....change to 3, and then for 20 a year you can speak to everyone as much a you like! Surely a facebook group can organise something like this!

there's got to be a catch though...someone tell me why it wouldn't work!

Because of the three network coverage. I have one of my phones with a 3 SIM in it. It's OK as along as I stay at home.

Old 16-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Don't 3 get the use of the Orange network?