All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Wife has just taken delivery of a nice shiny Vivaz

trouble is we cant appear to sort a very basic function

She wants to use a previously taken photo of our daughter as a wallpaper

the photo displays correctly when viewing it through the photos folder....when she applies it as a wallpaper it changes its orientation from portrait to landscape although the phone is held normally and it also resizes itself hugely so the photo cannot be viewed

Surely this can be altered in some form of settings...we just cant find how!

anybody able to assist

Thanks muchly
Ads

Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

I bought a Vivaz about 2 weeks ago but its performance is deeply disappointing! Firstly, the touchscreen is not very sensitive. Secondly, the software interface is poor. some of the program still go by scroll bar which defeat the purpose of having a touchscreen. Lastly, the website states so nicely that you can easily sync your contact from old phone to new phone (the main reason why i bought it as many contacts are huge) but upon trying, none work and this wasted two full days of my time - (transfer by bluetooth failed & transfer using software failed & sync using SE server failed). i contacted the SE technical hotline, they couldnt solve it too and refer to higher level. They called me back after 1 day and informed me that they tried and it didnt work and will update me if they can solve the problem. As i didnt receive any call back from the SE technician, i went to the service centre. the fellow took my phone till today and cannot solve the problem

CONCLUSIONS: Dont buy SE Vivaz and waste your time & money.. although i am a fan of SE, its product is greatly disappointing.. newcomers such as Apple and Google are doing so much better than SE. My wife is so happy with iphone.. soon SE will lose another fan like me.

so sad

Old 15-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Wrickdev

A question slightly off the mark

I own a Sony Ericsson Vivaz , its great i love it....I am from India but will be moving to USA next month can I use it there too??? Will the GSM frquency band support it ???