All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-01-2013, 02:39 PM

tnleeuw is on a distinguished road
Current GooSync status?

Hi,

Years ago I've used GooSync to synchronize the calendar on my UIQ3 phone with my Google calendar.

I stopped doing that when I stopped using the UIQ3 phone as my primary phone in 2009 and my account has expired.

Right now however I need a solution to synchronize my 808 with all of my Google (contacts + multiple calendars).

This doesn't seem to be easy, especially given the constraint that I wish to use Exchange sync for work mail+calendar.

GooSync seems to be an option but I'm wondering how much alive this service still is.

The website is still up and running, but all discussion forums seem to be totally dead, and a support question of mine has gone unanswered for almost a week now.

So I'm wondering if anyone on these forums is (still) using their service? How good is it working now? Are there any issues with duplication of contacts and appointments (especially repeating appointments, I remember having issues with that in the past).

Thanks for any opinions!
Ads