All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 AM

podu is on a distinguished road
[color="Blue"]Most of the stuff i convert is taken from the net and most net stuff is flv format i dont think divx converter handles those to well, in any case its a choice between avi & mp4 each has its good and bad. Avi files need a 3rd party application to play on the n73, such as smart movie or divx player. picture quality is bindas(good) alongwith sound but a point worth noting the converted video will be as good as the original... what i mean is if you have a flv file downloaded from say youtube, and you convert it to avi, if the flv file sucks so will the video on your phone infact i have found that files i convert on smartmovie converter often freeze and the sound and video are never in sync.
super is a very good converter and converts avi files better than smartmovie. another problem with avi files is that when sent via bluetooth since the phone doesnt recognize the file type it wont play.
Now the mp4 files have an advantage on this count coz they can be shared via bt. and the phone allows you to save the file in gallery and the realplayer does the rest.
Picture quality is on par with avi files, the one thing i think most people will find is that in the gallery the file shows as broken file with no thumbnail. this can be rectified by changing the codec most people use.

Old 14-02-2008, 09:36 AM

howellsag is on a distinguished road
You recommend the usage of "Super" to encode for a N73 phone, but did you realise that Super installs 2 different spyware/adware every time it runs (even if they are cleared after installation, it reinstalls them next time it runs).

Old 14-02-2008, 02:32 PM

podu is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that bit of info, ill have to look into that but super does a great job converting.....

Old 20-02-2008, 02:16 PM

mach10 is on a distinguished road
Better quality mp3 ringtones with SUPER??

hi,ive been usin Super(which is da best video convertr ever...), and i noticed dat the the sound quality of my music videos converted with SUPER was even better thhan my mp3 songs in my N73...SUPER just produces a sound quality ridiculously awesome...
i just wanted 2 know if we could use super to convert mp3 as well 2 a better sound quality on a smartphone

Old 22-02-2008, 10:20 PM

smoggie is on a distinguished road
what is the point in developing such a great application and then hiding it on a crappy website that loops endlessly even when you follow the poxy instructions given for java script etc etc very strange

any alternatives?

Old 17-03-2008, 05:39 PM

edge_2723 is on a distinguished road
anyone has the setting for nokia n82? thanks~
Ads

Old 27-03-2008, 12:45 PM

bliss81 is on a distinguished road
what the fuk!!! m3 doesn't work. stupid vista updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!does anyone know a fix?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 AM

Bolshoi Booze is on a distinguished road
Question CPU overload?

Hey guys, great thread, great forum.

Just bought N73 Music Edition (superb) and installed Super build 30 and I can't convert any file.

When I click on "the error report" button it says my laptop doesn't have enough CPU speed. Funny, because I'm using a HP TX 1320us with 2.0GHz Turion X2 processor and 2GB RAM.

4Site or someone else, can I 'bypass' this check? Or there's another version of Super that I can use? Is there another software that converts to MP4-AVC?

For now I'll try WinAVI 3.1 with 3gp and regular MP4 conversions.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Old 30-05-2008, 12:58 PM

bochenn is on a distinguished road
hi guys, excelent tutorial.
I'm a Mac user and can't use - eRight Super, is there any application to do the same but for the OSX platform?

Thanks

Old 27-05-2009, 03:38 PM

N73 is on a distinguished road
I've installed DivX Mobile Player on my N73... then just used VirtualDub to convert my movies to either XviD or DivX at a bitrate the phone can handle...

Old 21-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Ammiddeon is on a distinguished road
Last Page

How about an option to have a next button on the last page of a gallery, but with a specific URL? Or maybe to simply put the home button in place of the next button on a gallerys last page?

Point is -- if I have a number of galleries up, and someones madly clicking next to get through one, when they finish Id like them to go back to my main index page without having to think about it.