All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-08-2006, 05:03 AM

erehman is on a distinguished road
Problem with dual SIM adaptor in Nokia 6681

I purchased a double SIM adaptor (holding two SIM's after cutting them). But the dual sim adaptor is not working with my Nokia 6681. I tried it in Nokia 2600 and works well in that phone. I turned off Nokia2600 and then turned it on, SIM 1 was active. I again turned off Nokia2600 and turn it on, now SIM 2 was active. But when I insert dual sim adaptor in Nokia 6681, and do the same turn off/on procedure, no change in sim is observed.
Please help me how can dual sim adaptor work with my Nokia 6681. Is there any way this dual sim adaptor can work in Nokia 6681.
Ads

Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 AM

netboy123 is on a distinguished road
Same here!

I am having the same problem, but with a Nokia 6630, and when i try the dual sim with an older model it works just fine. Maybe it happens only with S60 Series phones because of some technical reason.

It seems to me that these dual sim systems work by receiving voltage from the phone. When it stops receiving voltage keeps the last state (i.e: sim1). When you power ON the phone, the dualsim receives voltage again and swithces to sim2, ans so on...

It could happen that S60 phones do not stop sending this voltage, like if they were always on... Making impossible for the "stupid" dualsim to detect a power off. Anyways, im just speculating here

Old 17-12-2006, 03:57 PM

Saddak Ali is on a distinguished road
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehman
I purchased a double SIM adaptor (holding two SIM's after cutting them). But the dual sim adaptor is not working with my Nokia 6681. I tried it in Nokia 2600 and works well in that phone. I turned off Nokia2600 and then turned it on, SIM 1 was active. I again turned off Nokia2600 and turn it on, now SIM 2 was active. But when I insert dual sim adaptor in Nokia 6681, and do the same turn off/on procedure, no change in sim is observed.
Please help me how can dual sim adaptor work with my Nokia 6681. Is there any way this dual sim adaptor can work in Nokia 6681.
It seems that the one you have is not 3G compatible dual sim. There is a new super ghost dual sim whuch allows you to switch via the menu and is 3G compatible, you can get more info via this link: http://www.mobileguru.co.uk/acatalog/Twin_SIM.html

Old 17-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Saddak Ali is on a distinguished road
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by netboy123
I am having the same problem, but with a Nokia 6630, and when i try the dual sim with an older model it works just fine. Maybe it happens only with S60 Series phones because of some technical reason.

It seems to me that these dual sim systems work by receiving voltage from the phone. When it stops receiving voltage keeps the last state (i.e: sim1). When you power ON the phone, the dualsim receives voltage again and swithces to sim2, ans so on...

It could happen that S60 phones do not stop sending this voltage, like if they were always on... Making impossible for the "stupid" dualsim to detect a power off. Anyways, im just speculating here
You can also use a Super ghost sim for your 6630, for more info visit : http://www.mobileguru.co.uk/acatalog/Twin_SIM.html