All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
AAS Insight 133 - Nokia 5250, 3D Lab, Ovi Music

In All About Symbian Insight 133, we start with news of the Nokia 5250, Nokia's cheapest ever smartphone, following which, Steve shares some more detail from his recent reviews of Let's Golf and Mommax's Mains Battery Charger. Rafe talks about Nokia and Intel's new joint laboratory for 3D mobile user experiences. Finally Ewan gives us his commentary on the the re-branding of Nokia Music to Ovi Music. You can listen to AAS Insight 133 here or, if you wish to subscribe, here's the RSS feed.

Read on in the full article.

Old 31-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Unregistered

I just wanted to say

DRM free MP3's make the difference if I was to use ovi music or not. Now it's the natural choice. I only "purchased" the free nokia music songs from the store, and ripped the drm. But I just could not spend any money on DRM infested music. But this means of course that Amazon is getting less of my business now...

Old 31-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Input on 5250

I would expect people to use the T9 alphanumeric keyboard, the same as I do on my 5800. I find it much faster than using the qwerty input and with the smaller screen it's only going to be more difficult on the 5250.
T9 alphanumeric input is great!
Ads

Old 31-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
This might seem strange but I use Spotify premium and if I find good new tunes I buy the CD of somewhere like Play.com. For me nothing beats the physical CD playing through my 2000 hifi at the bottom of the bed, speakers angled in just right for stereo when lying in bed.