All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 23-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Petterival

Indoors performance

Hi! Very nice review indeed. However, all the photos were taken outside in sunshine. It would be interesting to know how those cameras perform inside with the artificial light (with and without flash).

Old 23-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Abushaheed is on a distinguished road
Why no i8910?

I'm quite disappointed that AAS in this and many articles/tests, seem to forget the i8910HD. It would go a long way toward showing objectiveness if you could include ALL the major symbian phones rather than mainly Nokia.

Old 23-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

i8510 urghhhhhhhhhhh

It doesn't matter how good the i8510's camera is.

It is the worst made phone I ever owned, with the worst implementation of Symbian I ever used.

I'm so happy since getting rid of mine. N97 mmm

Old 23-06-2009, 02:20 PM

maartenmk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why? Because of Xenon? I think you should wait until you see further comparisons in low light between N86 and N82, I think you'll be surprised. Yes, from a freezing the subject perspective xenon will always be better than LED but I wonder out of all the pictures you have on your PC's hard drive how many are taken with flash?
For me quite some, because I often switch the flash to 'always on'. Foreground objects are often a bit dark, especially in sunny conditions. I don't think LED is powerful enough to really help there.

Old 23-06-2009, 02:33 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
Interesting insight there from the Unregistered Guest apparently working with Nokia. Can you comment on this Xenon/Led debacle at all?

Old 23-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Talking

"The N82 is dead?
The N86 - "Nokia's new Nseries imaging flagship"- make it completely obsolet?"

Probably the best joke I heard so far.

Old 23-06-2009, 03:20 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
Did somone/anyone actually say that? Perhaps I just missed it.

Old 23-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Why does this site never include the I8910HD in ANYTHING, maybe it should be called All About Nokia from now on?

Old 23-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by maartenmk View Post
For me quite some, because I often switch the flash to 'always on'. Foreground objects are often a bit dark, especially in sunny conditions. I don't think LED is powerful enough to really help there.
I have tried to use fill-flash with N82, but personally only find it to provide a very subtle fill up to around 1m or so. If it works for you though then great.

With N86, it tends to be better in handling contrast e.g. you should see more in the shadow areas. Because LED flash requires longer shutter speeds to get the full advantage whereas Xenon can do it's thing in around 1/25,000 sec or so LED may not be as good as N82. I'd have to try it before commenting further though. At the end of the day it's not how it goes about acheiving the end result it's whether you like it or not :-)

br

Old 23-06-2009, 06:51 PM
ArijitB

Quote:
Here's a macro shot of a rose. The different choices that Samsung and Nokia make in their respective colour algorithms is very evident. While the N97 and N86 get close to the 'real' colours on the leaves, the i8510 is closer on the petals. The images below suggest that the N97 and N96 have produced similar results, .........
I think this will be a N86 not N96.....or am I misunderstood ?

Old 24-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Unregistered

n86 at lowlight conditions and in morning and n82 at night...so its just balanced..im a nightgoer so you could tell which one..

Old 24-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Beer josh

The photo taken in pitch black with the nokia n86 with the red car really shows how strong this dual led flash is (the nokia n82 lost in my opinon........... the nokia n86 is the real winner, and people who say that it is not
dont know alot about cameras at all.....

cheers josh

Old 24-06-2009, 12:45 PM
krazzy

Excellent article. It would've been better however if you have used the Sony Ericsson C905 as well. It has a 8 MP sensor AND a proper Xenon flash.
Ads

Old 24-06-2009, 06:19 PM

JohnnyN is on a distinguished road
Not a good start

Just received my Nokia N86, and tried to take a photo and the camera button doesn't even respond!

Old 25-06-2009, 04:45 AM

JKA is on a distinguished road
Disillusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyN View Post
Just received my Nokia N86, and tried to take a photo and the camera button doesn't even respond!
Nokia, whats wrong with you. You made a N85, it was fiasco. Now, I'm hoping that quality of N86 will be excellent, but this topic say an opposite. It cost 399.00!!! Pity.