All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Unregistered

It's the power button
Ads

Old 07-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Unregistered

What is that "ADVANCED FIXED FOCUS CAMERA???" thing???? Much better than Autofocus???

May be same as the "3RD GEN POWER LED" thing in N86???? Proved MUCH Much better than Xenon, right??? ;-)

I am sorry... Sarcasm is like breathing to me...

Old 16-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

E52 memory

Nokia E52-1, Firmware: v.034.001

So here's the thing - I began to install apps on my E52-1. Install them on the memory card and they still take away some memory from the 56MB or so of memory that the pfone starts off with. I was left with less than 10MB of memory after a few week's usage - that's not great. Getting 'low memory' messages on a phone in this day and age is just ridiculous, esp. when there is only one app or so running. So I wanted to see where it went. I hard reset my phone and started installing:

These apps install directly on internal memory without prompting otherwise.

update psiloc world traveller: another 3MB on the internal memory ("other files")
update quickoffice to v.6.2: 8MB of memory taken up! ("other files")
update Ovi maps to v.3.04: 13MB of internal memory (mostly "SIS files")
Escarpod took about 800KB if I remember correctly. Another 8 or so apps installed on the memory card took up about 3MB of internal memory also (Fring: 300KB).

So I'm left with 28MB before I restore my contacts, email and notes etc. I haven't installed the updates from the Softvvare Update such as MS exchange and python etc. Nor maps. If all the 'officially sanctioned' updates insist on being installed on the internal memory, how long can we receive updated for. Or put another way, does this determine the life of the product? No one with this phone wants to be using outdated maps, office app, PDF viewer but these are all taking up precious memory space!!