All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 20-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

It is not good comparison between E51 and 6120c

E51 keypad is much better, actually E51 has best keypad amongst Nokia phones.

I used large number of Nokia.

Most important, E51 has great network in places with lower network coverage, like my work place and that was main reason i bought it.

One more thing, E51 battery cover is actually wi-fi antenna so u will have excellent signal all the time.

br,

ToDie4

Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

high sar for e51 - actually is it an issue?

Hi, Whilst agreeing that the high sar is best avoided, i have read that the SAR is usually the "highest possible". In real use it may only be similar to other mobiles, except when its full business features - like internet, blue tooth, etc is used together. Further, personally I use any mobile only with a headset because I feel that is more convenient than holding the phone. Furthermore I feel that if 0.93 is safe, 1.47 is safe too. We are not comparing 1 and 10 here. Its a personal choice. e51 is one of those rare phones that i am in love with and a slightly high sar is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri_fin View Post
Hi,

I have just found out that this phone has relatively high SAR values (radiation) compared with other handsets. I feel this is step in the wrong direction. What do you think?
Would it be possible to mention this in you reviews? Or at least mention it for phones that have very low (good) or very high (bad) SAR values?

From Nokia site:

E51: 1.40
E90: 0.65
N95: 0.58
5500: 0.50

The legal limit is 2.0
Source: http://sar.nokia.com/sar/index.jsp

Whilst I respect the jury may be 'out' as to what these figure mean - surely no one wants a higher than necessary radiation source next to their face?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb How to lock the keypad?

Press and hold left selection key (with blue dash on it), then quick press the * key. And that's it!

Old 19-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Home button is redundant...

The home button is actually redundant. Pressing the red "Call End" button does exactly the same thing - returns u to the front/home screen....

Old 26-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

vivavoce nokia E51

qualcuno può indicarmi come rinserire altoparlante in basso a destra quando chiamo ? altrimenti continuo a prendere multe perchè non mi si inserisce il vivavoce. grazie

Old 16-04-2009, 07:18 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The home button is actually redundant. Pressing the red "Call End" button does exactly the same thing - returns u to the front/home screen....
On most S60 phones, pressing the "Call End" button actually closes the current application; pressing Home gets you to the home screen without closing any open apps...
Ads

Old 26-06-2009, 02:56 PM

ericklamothe is on a distinguished road
One of the best, efficient, and practical smartphones on the world market

As an E51 user I totally agree with the sentiment of this review that this device is a technological marvel. It is packed full of practical technology that can be used very efficiently for great connectivity in a form factor which is very portable. Needless to say, as an E series device the build quality is superb.

This device is still available and once the E52 arrives, this device should be available for an even more reasonable price than it is now. If you havent' got one, and you would like to have a portable efficient smartphone that will help you in the real world this is hard to fault. Strongly recommended.

Old 15-08-2009, 07:35 AM

ericklamothe is on a distinguished road
Smile Nokia E51, a smartphone for the real world

I have found since owning this device that I am on to a winner. Not only is the build quality superb and the connectivity technology on board ideal but I find it is a smartphone that whilst having power and features can actually operate in the real world.

Firstly, it's compact. I mean, if you were not into mobile technology you would just regard the E51 as an extremely attractive "fashion" device with its metallic accents, etc. The fact that although it's compact it is able to incorporate all that power is commendable. It's compactness means it's a portable device for true mobility, not an inconvenient brick.

Secondly, its battery life is fabulous. I can be on wifi or HSDPA browsing for a day in addition to voice calls and using some of its PIM functions and the battery keeps going. I would guess that less that 20% of all smartphones can offer this longevity.

Thirdly, it is more than just a workhorse. Sure, the E series department has to tread carefully marketing terms so as not to annoy their N series colleagues and avoid position the E series as anything other than a business device. But, increasingly the E series does offer perfectly respectable multimedia and its multimedia functions are equal to the non N series range at the very least. On holiday a few months ago I was impressed with being able to take pictures and videos (yes, with the E51) and upload them with satisfactory results. Its music player is convenient and it comes with a radio. It does appear that the current and forthcoming Eseries will continue to enhance their multimedia features and so the gap between them and the N series in this regard is narrowing. (equally, the software on the N series enables them to act as perfectly good business devices too).

I believe that the E series offers such a good mix of features and quality build (something which sadly not all devices have) that its appeal will increase well beyond just the corporate sector. The E51, E65, and certainly the E71 seem to be making inroads into a much wider market than just the business environment and deservedly so.

Great reviews! Your website is very useful.