Old 05-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Thanks

Really good review and comments, ordered my phone today, many thanks, Sally

Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 AM
zaim

Zaim - Melbourne, AUS

question.
when taking photos or video, can you directly have it saved onto the microSD? and is browsing the photos slow when viewing them straight off the card.. my previous samsung D600 was very slow to load up images

Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation E65 VS E61i

I would like to know if there really is a big difference inthe firmware and applications between the e65 and e61i. Of course I can see the difference between the full keyboard and the nice big screen, but I am not sure I really need that, but I the same time I don't want to miss out on anything else from the e61i.

Can anyone help me?

Old 21-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy smilies

any one know where or how to get smilies on this phone

Old 21-05-2007, 10:26 PM
SilverF1

Exclamation E65 in use

I've been using an E65 for a couple of months now on Vodafone UK. It looks and feels very nice, the exchange synchronisation is excellent. You can read emails and view most common attachments including word and power point. I was very disappointed to realise that the camera like hole above the screen is not a forward looking camera as it was on my previous 6280. As far as I can tell the hole serves no real purpose, other than maybe to deceive the unwary into believing you can use it for a sensible face to face video call. However, there are other issues with this phone. Firstly, it does not work particularly well as a phone “Connection Error” is a common message. Secondly, if you start to use the extra features that this phone offers make sure you have the charger handy. Spend an hour using the phone for email synchronisation, viewing emails or composing responses while you’re on the train that doesn’t have power and you’ll find yourself having to conserve power for the rest of the day. Don’t use the music player unless you are sure you’ll be able to visit a power socket soon. I have got myself a spare battery now. Lastly, I can not get it to work as a modem for my laptop. I have installed the latest software from Nokia but it will not connect as a modem. Some of these issue could be down to Vodafone, who knows? It is a shame that a potentially great phone is marred by these fundamental problems. My phone is provided by my company so I haven’t spent my own money but I will be looking to change my phone as soon as I can. 5 out of 10!

Old 22-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Can this phone handle satnav? If so what software do i need for it?

Old 25-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Try using "Fring" (Google it) for free calls over Wifi using Skype
Ads

Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

E65 has problems with WLAN security setup

Definitely there is a problem withe the passphrase lenght on a Nokia E65 WLAN settings when using WPA-PSK (pre shared key).

i just got a Nokia E65 yesterday, from a local Nokia Store. The firmware version is:

11-01-07
RM-208
Nokie E65

While configuring the device to use our network which users a 26 characters passphrase, the E65 refused to connect, always giving the error message.

If the passphrase is (temporarily) changed on the Access point to an 8 character setting, then the E65 connects with no problem whatsoever.

It also works perfectly when used with an open network (i.e. no passphrase protection).

Nokia must address this issue as many corporate wireless LANs do use long passphrases for security reasons, thus it is required for the E65 to work within that environment if its going to be considered a real serious "business category" device.

For the record, an N800 Internet table is also used in this same network with no problem using the 26 characters passphrase.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 AM
discovisc

Thumbs down

I just changed SE 750i to Nokia E65 and already am very disappointed even with simple and basic functions:
1. No auto-key lock. Key lock should be always confirmed by pressing digit. It takes time, because phone is slow.
2. When you add photo to your contacts they appear so small, that they become absolutely useless. I was used this option when driving a car.
3. Display size is OK, but font size is absolutely to small and you can't change it. (I don’t need glasses, my vision is 20/20)
4. Incredible fact – digits on keypad are not illuminated, so you can’t call 911 if its dark. (My old SE has even flash light)
5. in two weeks I had to shut it down and restore factory settings 5 times, because phone was not working.
6. I understand that this is a business class phone (not a cheap one), then the question is: why there still are not available any accessories for this phone (car holder, desk charger, etc…)?
I am sure I will have more comments when I will try to use 3G, GPS and other software…..

Old 05-06-2007, 08:31 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovisc View Post
I just changed SE 750i to Nokia E65 and already am very disappointed even with simple and basic functions:
1. No auto-key lock. Key lock should be always confirmed by pressing digit. It takes time, because phone is slow.
2. When you add photo to your contacts they appear so small, that they become absolutely useless. I was used this option when driving a car.
3. Display size is OK, but font size is absolutely to small and you can't change it. (I don’t need glasses, my vision is 20/20)
4. Incredible fact – digits on keypad are not illuminated, so you can’t call 911 if its dark. (My old SE has even flash light)
5. in two weeks I had to shut it down and restore factory settings 5 times, because phone was not working.
6. I understand that this is a business class phone (not a cheap one), then the question is: why there still are not available any accessories for this phone (car holder, desk charger, etc…)?
I am sure I will have more comments when I will try to use 3G, GPS and other software…..

1. Try with AutoLock, 3rd party software
2. Same: possible with 3rd party software, e.g. Full screen caller http://www.smartphoneware.com/produc...caller60_3.php
3. You can install your own fonts
4. Keypad's baclight is switched off when the ambient light is enough.
5. This is caused by RAM or 3rd party software conflicts
6. Accessories are available, just search for them on Nokia's site.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Discovisc

Hi Ratza!

Thank you very much for answer. Just some more q.
3. You can install your own fonts - how can I do it?
4. Keypad's baclight is switched off when the ambient light is enough - backlight is always off, how can I change this?

Discovisc

Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovisc View Post
Hi Ratza!

Thank you very much for answer. Just some more q.
3. You can install your own fonts - how can I do it?
4. Keypad's baclight is switched off when the ambient light is enough - backlight is always off, how can I change this?

Discovisc
3. http://stmcgill.wordpress.com/2006/1...reading-fonts/
http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
4. Backlight is allways off?? This can't be good. See in Settings -> Phone -> Display

Old 11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Discovisc

Thanks Ratza!

Old 26-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Wifi

If you don't have a wifi account, but ur somwhere that offers free wifi, does the phone pick it up?
(sorry if this question is stupid)

Old 27-06-2007, 06:24 AM

It sure does. I used my E70 as the main device for websurfing using the hotel's hotspot. What's even great, you don't need to set anything, just scan for WLAN when you are asked to enter an access point. Now that's what I call a wizzard.