All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM

fadgadget is on a distinguished road
DAB radio

If I remember after anna I installed the software by using the software update app
Well I have tried that and it comes up blank, I have also searched the ovi store and its not there either.
So does anyone know where I can download the software ?
Ive searched the device thinking it may be built in but cant see or find it.
Any help appreciated as I use the dab radio everyday (well did until yesterday)
Thanks

Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 PM

zappauk2003 is on a distinguished road
Just registered to let you know something because I was in the same boat yesterday after updating my n8 to Belle. Dab app disappeared off the phone and was not in ovi store either so I phoned Nokia and spent 40 minutes going round in circles with a woman who didn't understand my problem at all. Spoke to someone else eventually who told me he was level 2 support and it is a recognised problem and now at level 3.

Eventually I trawled some side loading pirate n8 sites and found it, downloaded it, installed it on my phone and it works like a dream, seems to drop signal less to me as well but that could be coincidence. The dab button on the headset still brings up the app and everything. Would tell you site name that I found it but I would be breaking forum rules probably but you shouldn't find it too difficult to find. Shame the lengths you have to go to to get a £40 peice of kit working again after an update.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:42 PM

fadgadget is on a distinguished road
Thats great thanks very much for your help and registering to

I cant believe that somewhere along the line they forgot about DAB

or wait its Nokia maybe I can

Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 PM

As I said to the guy on the phone why they couldn't just email me the file as an attachment I don't know, its there own software for there own hardware that their own update messed up, even backed up and restored to be safe lol. Anyway pm sent mate.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Usually wouldn't do this, but this was freely downloadable from the Nokia site.

Use at your own risk etc.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/downloads/DABradio.sis

Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM

That will be a great help for people Rafe. Got a call back from Nokia to give me a link where the file was. Put in the web address supplied and the file wasn't there. A complete mess up from nokia on this issue. It was a link to the nokia store for the search term DAB, Nokia it is not there, why can't they just email the sis file to you as an attachment is beyond me.