All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
It seems like SEVEN is better than emoze in my case. Emoze couldn't pass the proxy we're using. For the first time I am able to read my emails both from office account and Yahoo. It looks like I'm going to leave the PC on when I'll go again into business trips.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
C.Dawkins

Blackberry (BES) DOES do attachments

There is a difference between BB BIS and BES. BIS is the Internet based service. BES is the Server based one like Seven.

Im no BB fanboy, but I must at least clear up this misconception that BB doesnt do attachments. Where does this come from? BES does do attachments. Maybe BIS doesnt.

Anyway, I have personally used Seven, Visto on my E61 and BB BES on my E61i. They each have their advantages and little annoyances. I have grown to like BB Connect very much. Couldnt get Mail4Exchange or Emoze working because our old Microsoft firewall didnt like it.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 PM

hermida is on a distinguished road
C.Dawkins:

I use BB Connect with BIS and I can view attachments such as word documents, excel etc if I had BB connect 4 I would be able to view images as well.

But BB connect does not allow me to save or compose new emails with files from my phone :(

Old 14-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Zach is on a distinguished road
Thanks again for the comments guys!

mg428

Did I say somewhere that the lowest time interval was 30 min? Well you're definitely correct - IMAP accounts can be set to check every 5 minutes whereas POP does in fact have a minimum of 30 minutes.

Old 16-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Oren

emoze Online Marketing Manager

Hello Mr. Epstein

Oren here from emoze. We wish to thank you for posting such an in depth look at the Push Email solutions. It's an honor to mentioned as an industry leader!

Thanks again and keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers
From the Whole emoze team!

Old 16-09-2007, 03:56 PM

marksmith is on a distinguished road
In reply to mjlaris's Comments

With the latest emoze release the location of the emoze email folder has been separated, making it much more intuitive. As for your second issue when switching between access points, this is a known issue to the production team. They're working to have this adjusted with the next version release.
As usual, you can stay updated with any version updates within the emoze community forum via our website! Your comments are always greatly appreciated.

Old 28-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

push email

I use mail for exchange push email via wap.z51.fr which offers its free for 3mb to a small charge for upto 1gb. Its quick and i am happy with its service.
Ads

Old 11-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Unregistered

I dont get it!

I dont understand - what is the benefit of these programs over just having automatic retrieval set on the Phone using IMAP?

Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb But for corporate?

It's not just about e-mails. When you think about sync'ing e-mails, calendar, contacts, tasks, Global Address Book etc. with corporate Exchange server, you have just 3 choices - Mail4Exchange 2.1, RoadSync 3.0 and BB - BB is expansive from base (mobile connection, BES, licenses to RIM etc.), RoadSync 3.0 based on MS ActiveSync technology ($50 for purchase) and in final M4E 2.1 based on ActiveSync technology ($0). For me M4E 2.1 is the winner and it's not just it's for free. Almost same functionality as RoadSync (and for me it has all functionality I need) and I don't need to pay anything additional to RIM in case of BB, speaking about BES - I have paid already a lot of bucks for MS Exchange server, so no, RIM sorry, thank you.

Old 24-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Talking emoze is the best

I just got emoze set up on my Nokia N82 and it is wonderful! The lag time between receiving an email on my computer to when I get it on my phone is like 2 seconds!!! Replying is a breeze... I don't find the inbox location difficult to find at all.. It's right there! The built in Nokia mailbox app has never worked out well for me. I think it's because of my work's email servers. Anyways, battery life is just fine with emoze, I can't tell the difference in battery life if it's enabled or disables. It seems like it's using the same amount of battery life...!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

M4E on Nokia

I have been trialling a number of Nokia devices for our organisation for business e-mail synch, and have some interesting results.

The E50 installed M4E seamlessly, connected (including setting up lock as per corporate policy) and worked a charm.

The E61 required a firmware upgrade to operate the M4E correctly, but having done so, worked like a charm.

The N81 I have just received installed M4E, but will not connect correctly (I suspect due to the security settings at the server). Looking around support sites, forums and discussions, this has been an issue from very early on in the piece. Nokia, however, have replied to my support request with "are you sure you have set it up ok, it works fine".

I have now installed Roadsync to trial, and it connects and synchs my mails, contacts, etc beautifully, but ignores the security settings.

Will carry on and trial more....emoze next I feel, based on this review.

j

Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Article Emoze

Emoze now has multiple account support and customizable signature option.