All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 PM

weber is on a distinguished road
VoIP on N97

Hello to all,

I have tried to set my N97 to be able to make internet calls using Nonoh voip provider following instructions from another forum (http://www.winkstreaming.com/en/n97_sip/).
But now I have some problems while making a calls:

-I am able to login to Nonoh (via my home wireless network), I select a number I would like to call and after pressing "Internet call" it says "calling" but I can not here that the number I am calling is ringing. After 1-2 minutes of "nothing" I am getting disconnected. (this is happening most of the time)
-sometimes I can here dialed number is ringing but when they answer the call, they can hear me but I can't hear other side.
-maybe 1 of 10 calls is working properly.

I also installed 'nonoh' software on my PC and I can make calls without any problems, so it must be something wrong with phone settings.

Anybody had similar problem?

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Flip95 is on a distinguished road
Never used Nonoh ...

I've not use Nonoh, however - I have used the "native" N97 VOIP settings to make internet calls without issue.

My service provider is TruPhone.

Bit of a hack to get it working (and requires a spare N95/N95-8Gb).

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=93442

Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 AM

nbriscoeuk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by weber View Post
Hello to all,

I have tried to set my N97 to be able to make internet calls using Nonoh voip provider following instructions from another forum (http://www.winkstreaming.com/en/n97_sip/).

-I am able to login to Nonoh (via my home wireless network), I select a number I would like to call and after pressing "Internet call" it says "calling" but I can not here that the number I am calling is ringing. After 1-2 minutes of "nothing" I am getting disconnected. (this is happening most of the time)
-sometimes I can here dialed number is ringing but when they answer the call, they can hear me but I can't hear other side.

I also installed 'nonoh' software on my PC and I can make calls without any problems, so it must be something wrong with phone settings.

I suffered the problems you describe with a different provider. The problem in my case turned out to be a broken SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway) in my router's firmware which could not be disabled.

I replaced the router with another one which, whilst still having a broken SIP ALG did allow me to disable it. This solved my problem and I can now make SIP calls without issue.

To save you a bit of searching time I just looked up http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Routers+SIP+ALG for you which explains the problem and gives instructions on disabling the ALG on many routers.

Regards
Neil

Last edited by nbriscoeuk; 05-04-2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Correcting a typo

Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 PM

tudorachei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hello to all,

send me an email adress and I will send you the service allready configurated.
After that you'll need to change only username and password!

Old 07-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Hello Tudorachei,

I've sent you my e-mail on PM.

To nbriscoeuk:
I have tried to connect to different routers, but I still have the same issue. I am afraid if I change some router settings that I am not be able to make a calls from PC too. So far calling from PC is running smooth. But If no other solution then I will try that too.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 PM

Nonoh VoIP issues resolved.

Issues have been resolved thanks to settings received from Tudorachei.

The problem was (I believe) in proxy settings. In other forums they instruct to leave these settings empty, but it looks like this is wrong.

Also I had another issue. To save my battery I never keep connection to wireless network alive if I don't need it. But after internet call and after log-out from "Nonoh" I was not able to disconnect from wireless network (my phone was re-connecting to WIFI again and again). The only solution was to re-start the phone (which was killing me). After I applied these settings this issue has been resolved to.

So Tudorachei many many thanks to you!
Ads

Old 18-04-2010, 03:19 PM

zoozth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hello to all,

Hi guys, i'm having something similler, i followed the instruction at http://www.winkstreaming.com/en/n97_sip/ but i put in the proxy and register servrers settings, my nokia logs in, i can receive phone calls from any number (voip, normal or mobile) but i can only call numbers within my voi provider pool!!
its not the case when i use the voip phone through my router.
to isolate the router, i tried making calls through my celular data plan and got the same problem.

any one can help, any advice is appreciated.

Old 29-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Hello Zoozth,

Did you solve the issue? If not then send me your email on PM, and I can send you setting I received from Tudorachei.

I am not sure if you are using Nonoh as a voip service, but if you do then the only thing you have to change is your user name and password and to import these setting in your phone. The rest of the settings you can leave as they are. This has solved all may issues with Voip on N97.