All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-01-2010, 10:17 AM

mp187264 is on a distinguished road
N79 Gallery/Memory Card issue

Hey guys, this is sort of a strange one. When I first got the phone over a year ago, I transferred all the photos from my old phone (E51) and I could see those in the photo gallery no problem, along with all the other photos I've taken up until now. The problem happened when I pulled the memory card out without ejecting it, although I'm pretty sure that I've done that in the past without consequence. Anyway, now, all those photos are no longer in the gallery, even the ones that I took recently and I have no clue how to get them back in there. I know they are still there as I can see them in the browser.

Old 13-01-2010, 03:16 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Reset

Reset the phone , try this :
1) Turn phone off , take out battery and reboot , or
2) soft reset : dial *#7780#
And see what happens .

More info about reset in my post here :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021

BTW for a hard reset you will need a Backup of all your personal data !!

Regards jApi NL

Old 13-01-2010, 10:48 PM

No luck

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them worked. Can you recommend any good 3rd party programs that will do the same thing as the gallery? I'd like to be able to upload the photos onto the computer and of course Pc suite will not see them if they aren't in the gallery. I know I can do it manually but I'd prefer not to have to dig through them all to find the ones I'm looking for.
Ads

Old 14-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Smile Pictures In Filemanager ?

1) It's somehow unclear to me . You said you can see the pictures in the BROWSER ? I suppose you mean Filemanager ?
When you cannot see them in Gallery , then I think Gallery is broken somehow . Normally a Hard Reset or Vulcan Death Grip will repair the original Nokia Software (Firmware) . If this is not the case , I think to repair the firmware is reflashing the Phone = Re-installing the firmware with Nokia Software Updater .
2A) did you try to connect the Phone , instead of PC Suite , in Masstransfer mode ? To copy the Photo's to your PC . Menu > Instruments > Settings > Connection > USB mode > Masstransfer .
2B) another way to copy files to your PC is via a Cardreader . Use a sdHC reader for a sdHC card .
3) A very good Mediaplayer is Coreplayer (paid) . It does : slideshows , video's - also continuous like in a row or shuffle mode and Music .
The (free one is ok) X-Plore filemanager does manually managed also multimediaplay .
http://coreplayer.com/
http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=xplore
There is also Rescoviewer (paid) . This one does only Photo's (slideshow)

Regards jApi NL

Old 16-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Yes, I meant File Manager. I know about transferring, I'm mainly concerned with not seeing them in the gallery even though they are in the folder. I did a hard reset and nothing changed, and I think I updated the firmware pretty recenty. By reflashing, you mean with NSS, or will updater let you re-install it?

Thanks for your help.

Old 16-01-2010, 02:34 AM

I've figured it out, although I couldn't find them all in the end. All I had to do was mark all the images in the "Images" folder and transfer them to the "Camera" folder in the same directory. Not sure how they got moved from there in the first place. Thanks anyway for all your help.

Old 16-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Smile Amazing

I don't own a N97 . But in general 'Gallery' picks up files just by extension : .jpg , .png , .gif , .mp3 , .mp4 , etc , etc .
The file normally can be in any 'Filemanager' folder , but 'Gallery' should pick it up . When a picture cannot be found in the in the general view of Gallery , then it must be in a pre-made 'Gallery' Folder . When you move a picture in 'Filemanager' to another folder , then it pops-up in the general view of the Gallery again .
So my question is : didn't you have the pictures located in a 'Gallery' folder ?
Gallery actually is all about indexing files . When a file moves to another location in Filemanager , the index is changed as well .

And yes , you can overwrite the same firmware , using the Nokia tools .
NSS is ment for installing a different string of firmware , from another productcode .

Regards jApi NL

Old 19-01-2010, 11:23 AM

I did actually have them in the proper gallery folder before, but they somehow made their way out of there and into the previous directory. I suspect maybe it had something to do with the memory card? Who knows...sometimes Symbian can behave pretty strangely.

EDIT: It's N79 not N97

Old 19-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Smile Typo

Right ! I made a typing error .....

Regards jApi NL

Old 19-03-2010, 01:15 PM

likslikesh is on a distinguished road
Divx Player for N79

Dear Plz Help Me...

Unfortunately I have deleted DIVX player from my Nokia N79.

now I could not open AVI, WMV, FLV files..

Can any one help me...??

Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM

tirantha2 is on a distinguished road
Smile N79 bluetooth

When we recive file or mp3 or something from other phone via bluetooth,that save in phone memory.. when we are transfre such a big file lyk more than 100Mb we cant transfer it...bcoz it save in phone memory..any guy know third party aplication to save it in memory stick directly???? thanx