All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-06-2007, 08:13 AM

simon.h is on a distinguished road
An unlocking idea.

Hi to all. Myself and the mrs are both contract mobilers, she on t mobile me on o2 and our 12 month contracts are 6 months apart. just before mine came up for re-newal she managed to drop her fone in the bath for the second time As i was more than happy with my N70 i gave her the freebee which worked no probs. When her contract came up i told her to get me one of those new fangled n95's which came very quick Yes, you guessed, its locked to t mobile They said they will unlock it but her contract has to be running for 28 days even though she has been with them about 4 years then it will take another 28 days Then talking to someone about it and was told buy or borrow a t mobile payg sim then ring saying you want the unlock code. As its pay as you go that means you bought the fone and therefore own it outright I should have the code in 7 to 14 days, posted to the owner of the payg sim and cost 15 quid.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:11 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.h View Post
Hi to all. Myself and the mrs are both contract mobilers, she on t mobile me on o2 and our 12 month contracts are 6 months apart. just before mine came up for re-newal she managed to drop her fone in the bath for the second time As i was more than happy with my N70 i gave her the freebee which worked no probs. When her contract came up i told her to get me one of those new fangled n95's which came very quick Yes, you guessed, its locked to t mobile They said they will unlock it but her contract has to be running for 28 days even though she has been with them about 4 years then it will take another 28 days Then talking to someone about it and was told buy or borrow a t mobile payg sim then ring saying you want the unlock code. As its pay as you go that means you bought the fone and therefore own it outright I should have the code in 7 to 14 days, posted to the owner of the payg sim and cost 15 quid.
The PAYG SIM idea works fine on Orange locked phones, I successfully unlocked an N95 on Orange PAYG last month. However, you do need to register the SIM and the IMEI number of the handset first. Orange also charge for PAYG Customer Service calls, so you need to top up by £5 more than the unlocking fee, just to phone up and order the unlocking code.

Perhaps T-Mobile's computer systems are more intelligent than Orange and will not allow an N95 IMEI number to be registered on 2 SIM Cards/Accounts?
(Last year T-Mobile refused to unlock a T-Mobile N70 which I bought off eBay. I had to pay the seller - who fortunately was the original registered owner - to phone up and order the unlock code for me.)

I suggest you do not Top-Up the PAYG SIM-CARD with £20 until t-Mobile have confirmed that they will sell the code to a PAYG user. Currently, none of the UK networks sell the N95 on PAYG so it's fairly obvious you are not the original owner when you call the PAYG Customer Service line.

As your mrs is the original registered owner of the N95, I would wait the 28 days then order the code via the official contract route.

P.S. Let us know how you get on if you decide to try unlocking the phone using PAYG.

Last edited by dez_borders; 10-06-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:33 AM

simon.h is on a distinguished road
Oh I have already ordered the code and they said it would be posted to my neighbours address who is the registed owner of the payg sim which i used. She had 30 quids worth of credit on her fone so i presume they have taken payment. They did ring back because they 4got to ask for the model of the fone and took the imei number again. The woman didn't say there was a problem so fingers crossed I will let you know if it works. Begining to wish i had never bothered and just waited till my upgrade time

Old 10-06-2007, 11:55 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.h View Post
Oh I have already ordered the code and they said it would be posted to my neighbours address who is the registed owner of the payg sim which i used.
Sounds like you might have got away with it by using PAYG. Fingers crossed.

Old 24-02-2010, 01:14 PM

twinkie2010 is on a distinguished road
n95 and n95 8gb unlock

Well buddy, just cool..
Unlock your n95 8gb phone here http://www.prounlocking.com/nokia-n95-8gb/rs8wp9/ and n95 phone here
http://www.prounlocking.com/nokia-n95/rs8wp9/
. You can get unlock codes for cheap price here for all your GSM locked phones. All you have to do is to check your phone model and service provider.
Cheers!
Ads