All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-03-2003, 10:29 PM

Neo_lyptic2002 is on a distinguished road
i've found out what the problem is, its that DAMN wilkskinz 1.3 thats out!!

i read in another forum that it's happened to loads of other ppl cus of a bad bug in wildskinz.

i aint touchin it again lol

Old 17-03-2003, 10:32 PM

Doc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckrall
LOL first S60 virus, next we will have Trend releasing a scanner for Nokia's
Hope not, Norton for 7650 !!! I have no space.

%$#@%$# Wife knows everything
Ads

Old 17-03-2003, 11:06 PM

ih8win is on a distinguished road
well..
im not sure what app made the problem, i was downloading from the internet and installing to the device... the last thing i installed and asked for a restart was a utility for theemes, not sure if this what caused the problem coz before it i installed many, like games, autoexec, file explorer, tourch, answer machine... just didnt restart it till the theem utility asked for it.
after the format, i realised that all my contacts disappeard, maybe coz i didnt sync it with the PC.. backup didnt help much, it gives u back the 3rd part app were on your device, but i had most of them deleted after the typing problem.. so maybe next time i should sync 1st then backup 2nd
thanx alot people
Ahmad

Old 21-07-2003, 03:27 PM

euphoria is on a distinguished road
:( I know this is an old post, but i want to bring this up to date!
I did install Wildskinz7650 sis file last friday. It worked fine up until today, some weird stuff started happening!! !!
I started receiving weird text messages. I knew what they were and where they came from, Wife and Boss!! The thing was they originally got sent to me 2 months ago, and i have received them again!!!!!!! :-?

Then the next problem came, i got that error code "cone 14" and was unable to use text in messaging. So i am currently backing up my fone and i am about to format it!!
Will let you know happens!

Old 21-07-2003, 03:40 PM

euphoria is on a distinguished road
Well it seems to work!! Currently got everything crossed and i have a major sweat going!! :-? :-?

Old 21-07-2003, 05:21 PM

Re: 7650 not typing text anymore.... only numbers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8win
hi, im a new user of the Nokia 7650, i was trying all kind of different programs, i noticed after a while.. that when i try to type any kind of text of letters it doesnt work and it only recognize the keys as for numbers only... in contacts, short messages, notes... everything...
i noticed another thing, when i try to go to Tools/Settings/Phone/General it quits the setting giving me:

App. closed
gs
CONE 14

any ideas? help?

HEy..don't worry.. if you had WILD SKINZ maybe that was the problem...ok..here is what you do.. you don't have to reset your phone.. if you get Fexplorer then just open that.. go to nokia/system all the way down you will find a file named system.ini ERASE THAT!!!...your phone is as good as new!!..i had that same exact problem with my nokia 3650 and i did that restore thing TWICE!!..so i'm saying no need to go through all that.. after you erase it it will be fine..if it occurs again.. just do it again!!.. but i think it was the WILD SKINZ! hope i helped
Best wishes
Ahmad

Old 21-07-2003, 05:22 PM

Re: 7650 not typing text anymore.... only numbers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8win
hi, im a new user of the Nokia 7650, i was trying all kind of different programs, i noticed after a while.. that when i try to type any kind of text of letters it doesnt work and it only recognize the keys as for numbers only... in contacts, short messages, notes... everything...
i noticed another thing, when i try to go to Tools/Settings/Phone/General it quits the setting giving me:

App. closed
gs
CONE 14

any ideas? help?

HEy..don't worry.. if you had WILD SKINZ maybe that was the problem...ok..here is what you do.. you don't have to reset your phone.. if you get Fexplorer then just open that.. go to nokia/system all the way down you will find a file named system.ini ERASE THAT!!!...your phone is as good as new!!..i had that same exact problem with my nokia 3650 and i did that restore thing TWICE!!..so i'm saying no need to go through all that.. after you erase it it will be fine..if it occurs again.. just do it again!!.. but i think it was the WILD SKINZ! hope i helped
Best wishes
demetres!! not ahmad..lol