All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 16-08-2007, 11:38 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiahead View Post
Well i wanted a response from my thread, and when i come back after a few days away and wtf is going on here then?

This is all very sad indeed. People are acting like spoilt little brats, pretending to know what they are talking about when clearly they know nothing. Like children who can't have want the want so stamp their feet and scream and scream. You lot need to grow up, it's honestly the most pathetic forum thread i have ever seen. People dieing all around the world, and this is what concerns you so much. So what if it's a fake, laugh at it, get over it and move on.
Nokiahead = XDAman = GPSMidlands?

Another new forum user only made 3 posts all in support of GPSscraplands.

Old 16-08-2007, 11:39 AM

sajjid is on a distinguished road
i think admin or one of the mod should change the title of this thread because we now know its misleading.

Old 16-08-2007, 11:41 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjid View Post
i think admin or one of the mod should change the title of this thread because we now know its misleading.
I might actually go further.

Perhaps it's time to (a) Lock the thread from further postings or (b) Delete it

The patch doesn't exist and the entire thread is just giving false hope to TT owners who need such a patch.

Attention mods?

Old 16-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
I just PM'ed one of the mods.

Old 16-08-2007, 12:42 PM

sbc is on a distinguished road
Something clever has to be designed, a sticky or whatever. We know for sure that this guy will not stop, so we need a way of warning all users against GPSM.

Old 16-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Im currently thinking of ways to bring his website down (legally), as theres no way hes going to take off that bollocks 'N95 patch will be available shortly' and people will still ring about it.

Old 16-08-2007, 01:14 PM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
sbc,
I agree, this definately should be a sticky. It's been the source of great entertainment and enlightenment over the last few weeks and really should be required reading for all new members as an example of how to conduct yourself!
It also stands as a test case for fraudster outing and shows how you can run, but, you can't hide!
They been caught!!!!
Is there any reason to hunt them down further?
There's been some pretty shady goings on, which I would imagine they won't repeat, and they probably won't be left in business for much longer so does the law of deminishing returns apply with regard to persueing it further? Is pay back really required?
I understand all the anger that must be felt, but, does it help to kick a dog when it's down?

Old 16-08-2007, 01:43 PM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Well, in the Admin control panel for these forums there should be a way to check for dupe accounts coming from one IP address.
I know it's that way with another heavily-trafficked forum I help moderate.
The only problem with this is, that there are those who work or at home behind a NAT. So does this mean that two people from the same workplace or same house cannot share their views on the same forum?

Yes, you can use it to identify people from same company or house, but should not go in enforcing an auto kill rule to disqualify people from that!

On the contuary - if they do want to spam, they can do it by restarting their ADSL routers and getting a new IP address and use a different login name..

Old 16-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

I seriously doubt this will effect his 'business' at all. Most business he gets will be via google searches for pda repairs, etc. Most people wont get here and see this.

My main concern is that people googling for N95 gps patch tomtom or the like will stumble upon his site, and not getting an email reply, will ring him. Costing them at the least, 10p per min while he gets money back from the call.

I would like his site taken down before many more do that.

Old 19-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Rafe has been PM'ed, Im hoping he will deal with it.

I cant understand where all the other mods are, the ones I PMed was days ago. I assume they havent been online, as I cant beleive they would leave this dross on here.
Ads

Old 19-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
I just wanted to post here and apologise to everyone that this situation was not sorted out earlier. Not really good enough I know, but there's only so many things I can keep an eye on at one time.

I have deleted a whole host of posts, I have also banned some users.

Please note if you see this sort of thing happening you are more than welcome to PM me, email me or use the contact form on the main site to alert me so I can respond as quickly as possible.

I'll be reviewing the moderator situation. Input welcome.

Apologies once again.