All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-12-2006, 08:44 PM

roxstar7 is on a distinguished road
activesync doesn't save my certificate

BTW, if your phone comes with Blackberry Connect preinstalled, you have to delete it before you will be able to install activesync. I finally got that figured out and now I have another problem. I have it setup and it syncs with my server with no problems. Well, there is one problem. Every time it syncs, it tells me it cannot verify the certificate and prompts me to accept. With most SSL applications, the accept dialogue also saves your certificate for future use. I cannot figure out how to save my certificate. Is it a hidden option that I'm just missing? The documentation seems to suggest that I'll have to get the certificate from my network admin and manually load it. Is everyone doing this? My network admin says he doesn't know where the certificate is but might be able to ask someone else on Monday. He did say that nobody else has ever had to do this manual process in the 3 years the company has been using activesync on their mobile devices.

Help please.
Ads

Old 02-12-2006, 06:25 AM

charlief is on a distinguished road
Copy the certificate to your M600i. You can put it into the documents folder. Go to File manager and open it from there. You will get the option to install the certificate permanently then.

You can generate a certificate by opening a browser to the exchange server using https://exchange server/certsrv and taking the option to "Download a CA certificate"

Old 20-12-2006, 02:43 PM

phancox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlief
Copy the certificate to your M600i. You can put it into the documents folder. Go to File manager and open it from there. You will get the option to install the certificate permanently then.

You can generate a certificate by opening a browser to the exchange server using https://exchange server/certsrv and taking the option to "Download a CA certificate"
Thanks for this Charlie. I'm a bit of a newbie at all this so would appreciate some more guidance. I am on an Small Business Server 2003 network, which ships with Exchange. I don't know how to get a certificate from Exchange, and if I type https://SERVER/certsrv (where SERVER is the name of the server running Exchange), I get a HTTP 404 error. My question is how do I get the certificate?

Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks