All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Smile Sendo Smartphones Website Launches!

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new mobile phone website, called SendoSmartphones.com (http://www.sendosmartphones.com) which has been set up to address some of the bad publicity which the Sendo X and X2 phones have received due to software incompatibilities and supply issues. It is an independent website, in no way connected to Sendo International Ltd. but aims to promote their products in the light they deserve.

As part of the website, we are operating a non-profit certification scheme, whereby software which we have tested and found to work without issue on Sendo smartphones receives a special Sendo Smartphones Certified logo, which the developer is then free to use on any advertising material or on their website. The scheme encompasses all types of software, both free / shareware and commercial software. It is impartial and both free and non-binding to both SendoSmartphones.com and the software developer.

The SendoSmartphones.com website is run by a small number of people, all enthusiasts of both the Sendo X and X2 phones, as well as enthusiasts of Series 60 and smartphones in general. The site is UK based, and is not being positioned as a commercial activity.

Last edited by stuclark; 10-11-2005 at 09:28 AM.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:05 AM

elp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuclark
I am pleased to announce the launch of a new mobile phone website, called SendoSmartphones.com
Nice to see that there is finally a web site centralizing everything about the Sendo X. Let's hope that it will have a better fate than www.sendo-x.com which doesn't seem to be very active. Good luck!

Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

We've been quietly building the site, and recriuting writers / admins over the last couple of monts, so we hope we're well placed to keep it going at a decent pace

Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 PM

jarold is on a distinguished road
Hey nice site Stu!

Are you gonna take the list of apps that we got started on the allaboutsymbian forums as FAQs & put that infor up?

As you know many of the apps there were tested by plinkykev or myself at sendo, yourself & other dedicated users and it's quite a comprehensive list.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarold
Hey nice site Stu!

Are you gonna take the list of apps that we got started on the allaboutsymbian forums as FAQs & put that infor up?

As you know many of the apps there were tested by plinkykev or myself at sendo, yourself & other dedicated users and it's quite a comprehensive list.
Hi Jarold, nice to see you back here...

All the info you and Kev provided has already been used on the site - all your FAQs are there, plus the list of apps and games

...hope you have fun looking round the site.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:28 PM

Masamune is on a distinguished road
The list has served as a good starting point to look for SSC apps - there are one or two which need updating though.

Old 28-06-2005, 11:54 AM

HDRW is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am pleased to announce the launch of a new mobile phone website, called SendoSmartphones.com (http://www.sendosmartphones.com) which has been set up to address some of the bad publicity which the Sendo X and X2 phones have received due to software incompatibilities and supply issues. It is an independent website, in no way connected to Sendo International Ltd. but aims to promote their products in the light they deserve.
...and it's just what I'm looking for - but it's been "off-line for essential system maintenance" since I first found it (last week I think).

Is it coming back any time soon?

Cheers,

Howard

Old 28-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRW
...and it's just what I'm looking for - but it's been "off-line for essential system maintenance" since I first found it (last week I think).

Is it coming back any time soon?

Cheers,

Howard
Yes, the site is coming back online very soon. We've had some issues I'm afraid, but are working hard to get everything working again.
Ads

Old 28-06-2005, 12:11 PM

HDRW is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, the site is coming back online very soon. We've had some issues I'm afraid, but are working hard to get everything working again.
Great, thanks! Let's hope they're just technical problems, rather than political or legal ones

Cheers,

Howard

Old 28-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRW
Great, thanks! Let's hope they're just technical problems, rather than political or legal ones

Cheers,

Howard
Indeed so, the issues have been purely technical (but very time consuming).

Old 29-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

As I hinted yesterday, the Sendo Smartphones website is now back online!

There's still a few bits of content missing, so please bear with us while we get all the old content back. This should be completed in the next day or so

Make sure you have a look at Thomas' excellent new article comparing the Sendo X2 and the Nokia N91

Old 29-06-2005, 08:04 PM

trimakassi is on a distinguished road
I must say it's a nice comparison. He has a good point about the OggVorbis format and besides that, the X2 is smaller, less heavy and looks way nicer than the N91. Too bad that things are very uncertain now and no one really knows if the X2 is going to be released at all...

Old 29-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, Tom wrote the article before we heard about Sendo going into administration. :(