All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM

ezrah is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N91 complete crash; how i take out contacts?

after 2 years of intensive use, yesterday my N91 crashed completely...

what i was doing:
i connected by WLAN, i downloaded and installed opera mini, then browsed for a while.
when finished, i saw that i cannot access the menu (pressing the menu button made the menu screen launch for less than 1 second, then the menu screen disapeared and phone got back in standby mode). to solve this, i switched off then tryed to switch back on but...

what it does:
the phone starts with the normal steps: white screen, nokia logo, stays like this ~10 seconds, then seems to reboot (white screen again, nokia logo again etc). at some point, if i don't touch anything, it goes in standby, the screen fades out and the clock/date appears.
i cannot access anything, i cannot dial (the screen is complete white or gray if standby)
strange thing: if i switch on/off the keylock, on the screen appears the usual message (Keyboard Locked / Keyboard Unlocked).

THE PROBLEM:
i have ~700 contacts stored in the phone memory. how do i take them out? they are really important to me, i can lose everithing else (photos, videos, messages), but i need my contacts!

the guys from nokia service told me that the phone will need some software upgrade, but this will make loose all the data on the phone, and i really don't want this...

is any way of accessing the phonebook? (codes, PC software, anything to force the access)

thank you in advance, i am a bit desperate now :(
Ads