All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-08-2009, 11:58 AM

BanziBarn is on a distinguished road
Maybe everyone with the lens problem should call this number?

Old 19-08-2009, 12:06 PM

davecozens is on a distinguished road
I'd recommend them over Nokia Care.

Funny thing is I've not contacted them directly, so one of my emails must have been passed in their direction...

But if their dedicated n97 you can but try...

NEW: Tweet & Share GPS location: Locator

Fed up of Adware on Ovi? See my Freeware, Wallpaper and Accessories sites...

FREE News Widgets for Symbian, UK Traffic, News, Football, Movies and Gadgets/Tech.

More at www.davecozens.com/

Old 19-08-2009, 12:38 PM

Delveh is on a distinguished road
Contacted them, gave them all my details.

Low and behold the guy i spoke to didnt know anything about the Lens problem. They advised to go get it repaired. Said i wasnt happy with this, he checked with his supervisor who advised Nokia are "Looking into this".

Typical!

They did advise that its a fault they're looking into and they now have my details but couldnt offer anymore advise.

We'll see what happens.

Old 19-08-2009, 12:55 PM

thats the thing though, isn't it. they're looking into it. they wouldn't admit that much at nokia care...

FREE News Widgets for Symbian, UK Traffic, News, Football, Movies and Gadgets/Tech.

Old 19-08-2009, 01:44 PM

celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecozens View Post
thats the thing though, isn't it. they're looking into it. they wouldn't admit that much at nokia care...
Or perhaps "we're looking into it", is the part of the call centre flowchart that you reach after the question "was the customer easily fobbed off when told to go to a Nokia care point?"...

Old 19-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Delveh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
Or perhaps "we're looking into it", is the part of the call centre flowchart that you reach after the question "was the customer easily fobbed off when told to go to a Nokia care point?"...
Hit the nail on the head! Although at least Dave has had a response and they called him directly!!

Old 19-08-2009, 02:10 PM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecozens View Post
Thanks for your helpful comments
Mate.. as I said before.. the whole BOARD is becoming your wailing wall.

Do you have to start up a NEW THREAD every time nokia does something? You have the following all regarding the same issue:

1) Blimey Nokia phoned me
2) Petition to Nokia re: Lens
3) Wailing wall thread
4) Does anyone know the Head office address for Nokia?
5) 3 days ago my lens was replaced and now its scratched again
6) Lens self scratching Issue - Nokia actually responded to something

This does not include the various contribution to other threads to complain about the same thing.

Can I recommend you use Twitter and write up every time you hate Nokia for producing crap like N97? If people want to hear you moan and cry, then they can visit it and contribute there as well?

You do a good job with your freeware site - being an ambassador for the device. Yet - on a complete contradiction, you moan and cry about it at the same time. Why not stick it all in the same thread rather than bore everyone with more wailing?

As I said before.. I feel for ya.. but its NOT HELPING with all this.. I think a lot of other readers can agree with various comments floating around about the same thing..

Old 19-08-2009, 02:20 PM

celios is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Mate.. as I said before.. the whole BOARD is becoming
your wailing wall.

..snip..

As I said before.. I feel for ya.. but its NOT HELPING with all this.. I think a lot of other readers can agree with various comments floating around about the same thing..
If there are threads you don't like... you can choose not to click on them

I for one am glad that there are people like Dave moaning about the N97, because the thing has problems, and lots of them.

The forums are only outlet for this dissatisfaction, as contacting Nokia only rarely bears fruit. Ironically, when a thread - this one - about a possible response from Nokia is started, you whinge and moan about that too!

This seems to be some kind of ego-boosting exercise for you? Otherwise, why not stay silent, because surely if nobody was interested, there would be no replies to the threads that Dave (and others) start?

Old 19-08-2009, 02:39 PM

spirit44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
If there are threads you don't like... you can choose not to click on them

I for one am glad that there are people like Dave moaning about the N97, because the thing has problems, and lots of them.

The forums are only outlet for this dissatisfaction, as contacting Nokia only rarely bears fruit. Ironically, when a thread - this one - about a possible response from Nokia is started, you whinge and moan about that too!

This seems to be some kind of ego-boosting exercise for you? Otherwise, why not stay silent, because surely if nobody was interested, there would be no replies to the threads that Dave (and others) start?
I completely agree. Dave is doing a great job, in showing the good side of the device (his site) and its shortfalls (various threads)

if he didn't start so many threads on this issue then i think its unlikely Nokia would be active in contacting him, he is pushing this issue and making as much noise as possible, and as i do not have the time or the energy, I appreciate someone is doing it to help us all.

you don't like it, simple. new thread by DC - don't click on it, problem solved.

Old 19-08-2009, 02:55 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
I am inclined to agree that Dave's doing a great job.

I just wish that they had made him an alpha or beta tester--oh wait...we're ALL beta testers on the N97. ;-v

I'm very disappointed at all of the pre-release reviews by so many bloggers that ignored some of the problems that we have uncovered here. Either they don't really do a very good review or they are paid-off by Nokia to ignore the "warts".

About the level of complaining here...the positive effect is that it has garnered Nokia's attention and could very well affect their decision to continue the N97 line or not (i.e. worst-case scenario is that due to all of the complaining they just drop manufacture and support for the N97!).

If you go back a ways, I've tried to make some posting about "positive" items that could help other users--especially software reviews, new or overlooked "features", uses, etc. to keep the forum more upbeat.

The only thing worse than the complaining about the N97's shortcomings/flaws is the complaining about the complaining.
Ads

Old 19-08-2009, 03:44 PM

BanziBarn is on a distinguished road
Dave's multiple threads don't bother me. They're all on slightly different variations of the topic anyway so warrent a new thread IMO

Old 19-08-2009, 03:52 PM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Great news..

Lets just all hug each other and have a good cry alright?

Hugs all around!! come on.. group hug..

"The only thing worse than the complaining about the N97's shortcomings/flaws is the complaining about the complaining."

well.. you complain once.. you complain twice.. you complain very likely a hundred posts on the same topic, on the same forum with the same audience. How does this change the situation?

It is not that I do not agree with Dave's points - but if you keep persisting on the same issues over and over again it becomes nothing more than a mute point. In fact, I have signed my name in his petition, go to his websites and appreciates what he has done for this little social group.

By reiterating over and over and starting new threads is spam. It is the same principals as you receiving hundreds of emails of penal enlargements coming from the same source. It is not the fact that if you "dont like it then dont read it" - its the annoyances of seeing this pile up on a what use to be a perfectly good forum. JUST like when you open up your hotmail or gmail inboxes to find spam.

Old 19-08-2009, 04:14 PM

For what it's worth unless it's the "nokia just replaced my n97 and it has a completely different lens cover" thread I'll be reusing the ones I made already on the whole...

I'll get me coat

Old 19-08-2009, 04:44 PM

TurtlePower is on a distinguished road
Just keep moaning i say cos they wont do anything if you dont kick up a fuss

- i also have the lens and gps problem and have been invited to visit the nokia care point to 'let them have a look!'

- it must cost them for every visit so the more cost the more likely they are to 'fix' it

i would ikmagine most bugs can be sorted out with software updates and work arounds as with the N95 (obviously not the lens cover!!!).

Old 20-08-2009, 03:07 PM

munkiii is on a distinguished road
I've just phoned the phone number in this thread to report my GPS and Camera Lens problems.

It seems that nobody has ever heard of any of these problems, obviously denying anything is wrong with N97's.

Why would there be any need to setup a special Support Line for N97's if there wasn't any problems? I don't remember there being any specific N95 or N96 Support Lines.

As usual, i was advised to go to a Nokia Care Point for them to take a look at it. What for? To replace it with exactly the same faulty part?