All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-08-2009, 09:47 PM

sjdean is on a distinguished road
I want to get my GPS sorted. Two problems.

1) I rely on the phone. I expect a replacement phone so I can transfer my settings and files, then send this heap of rubbish back for repair.

2) I don't want to send it back to Expansys because it's not their fault.

Old 22-08-2009, 06:04 AM

Halon is on a distinguished road
Best of luck with that. I had a problem with a small Sony TV I bought from Amazon. They sent me a new one straight away and gave me 30 days to return the faulty one free of change via courier collection.

I mentioned this to Nokia, also pointing out that I relied on the phone, but didn't on the TV yet Amazon were providing an excellent customer service experience whereas Nokia's was s***. Nokia didn't care.
Nokia N97

6600 > 6630 > N70 > N80 > N95 > N95 8GB > N85 > N97

Old 22-08-2009, 09:04 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
RIGHT IF YOURE FROM THE UK NOKIA HAVE TO GIVE A DAM

ive reposted the links read through them if youre from the uk , there is alot of handy imformation there and maybe when your ing nokia you could ask to speak to senior member of staff and read them some sections of it and question why they are not offering you / treating you with these consumer standards that is the law

guys its not a loophole or anything if the handset isnt right , send it back , if it comes back broke you are entitiled to your money back or a new handset its the law from what i can make off it and youre rights as a uk consumer

theres no point in shouting at nokia via email ring them up and arrange a returns on the agreement of it being faulty / unfit for use / faulty upon reciept

the 1st 6 months its on the manufacturer to proove you didnt recieve the phone like that after the 1st 6 months its down to you to proove it

iam sorry guys but some of you really need to read them consumer rights for the uk , print them off and take them into a nokia shop and see what they say its an exspensive device and if its not working you have rights , how can they deny their is a fault with the gps if your one dosnt lock on its not right and it should mine does and so does alot of users

i wish you all luck with this , ive been there iam just lucky voda treated me really really well in store and looked after me well

but if its a faulty handset you have the right to return it and a non working gps is a faulty handset

ring trading standards and ask them for advice i bet they agree that your within your rights and nokia are playing hard

some uk links stating consumer rights they are worth reading so you know youre rights maybe even print them off and take them with your phone to the supplier you got it from , you bought it from them not the manufacturer , anyways read the links some good info in there

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/bef...mobile-phones/

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/returning-...-faulty-goods/

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/the-sale-of-goods-act/

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/c_mobile_phones.pdf

Old 22-08-2009, 09:07 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdean View Post
I want to get my GPS sorted. Two problems.

1) I rely on the phone. I expect a replacement phone so I can transfer my settings and files, then send this heap of rubbish back for repair.

2) I don't want to send it back to Expansys because it's not their fault.
well you bought it from expansys so by consumer rights you should deal with them mate and they should be more then happy to offer a fix for you within a reasonable time scale that is not unfair to you or them and it is supposed to be convinenet for the person to repair and the person whos phone it is

if the phone is not fixed properley / is not working upon return then you are entitled to your money back or a new handset minus any exspenses that the supplier see fit for your time with the device / use of the device

exspansys have been good to my mate in the past ring them up and see what they say

get it sorted mate many n97s gps work

hope you get it sorted
Ads

Old 02-11-2009, 02:29 AM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit44 View Post

PS the only thing i did notice was that house positions on roads is a little out, if i'm outside number "16" it thinks its actually number "11", so there is a bug within nokia maps
This is what happens with mine too...i think the maps were bought on the cheap...lol

Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 PM

MonarchX is on a distinguished road
Just to let you know - the GPS mod with additional copper antenna will help get a faster lock, but will NOT improve accuracy. Your accuracy is supposed to be no more than 30 meters on average (it will vary, but should overall be accurate). If not - keep sending the phone, type letter additionally explaining the situation, ask for manager, etc.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Gavin Watson is on a distinguished road
On balance, I find my new unbranded N97 much faster than my N95...