All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-09-2006, 07:38 AM

inigar is on a distinguished road
Till what file size a PDF is supported in n93

I am new to this smart phone stuff. I tried to view a PDf which had some graphics on my phone but it gave me an error "not enough memory".

Can someone help me on that.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:56 PM

GoodCop is on a distinguished road
Not really sure, as it would take some extensive testing (or forum searching ), but a 1mb PDF works fine where as a 3.2mb doesn't. So somewhere inbetween that...

That renders the PDF reader pretty much useless imho, as e-books usually are a lot bigger, not to mention magazines. Besides, the scaling functions are pretty lousy in the program aswell and I find myself scrolling sideways a lot even in landscape mode, because it just can't fit the content to the screen size in a good manner. So, I'm looking for an alternative...

Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Memory... always the same problem But with that kind of resolution is not confortable to read pdf documents at all.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 AM

GoodCop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj7
Memory... always the same problem But with that kind of resolution is not confortable to read pdf documents at all.

Agree, and that's why it's so important for smartphone software to make the absolute best of what's available resolution wise. The office viewer is a lot better in that respect, but sadly lacks PDF-support.

And what's up with the memory issue? In the office viewer I've opened 4-5mb files no problem. Unfortunately the images are stripped out, but still... The Real Media player runs huge 200mb+ files without complaining. I don't know if it's really comparable, but I'd rather trade a bit of waiting time between rendering the next batch of PDF pages I want to view, with having the software crash and burn with a memory error from start.
Ads