All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM

yandorado is on a distinguished road
P1i - Can't Receive SMS Unless I Restart the Phone

Hi. I can't get text messages unless I restart the phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks!

Old 27-05-2008, 12:39 PM

zacseph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandorado View Post
Hi. I can't get text messages unless I restart the phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks!
Wow - I've been having the VERY SAME issue for the last few days - you get this resolved yet, cause it's driving me crazy!!
Also, what network / country are you on??

Old 27-05-2008, 10:35 PM

zacseph is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Eureka!!

Ok - actually I've kinda sorted it... just updated the software and now everything is fine...
Had to back up everything first tho, cause when the software is updated it wipes EVERYTHING off the phone... quite silly, really, but anyways...
My advice, back up everything (contacts, calendar, sms, images, anything on memory card... EVERYTHING) and update with SE Update Service (in support section on SE site...)

Old 04-06-2008, 12:33 PM

edvard1913 is on a distinguished road
Smile

I also had that problem for a few months ago, and I had to delete my In- and outbox to fix the problem. I thought it was strange, because I had over 200 mb free space on my memory card, and 10 on my phone.. But try it! Hope it works for you to

Old 14-06-2008, 01:06 PM

draqla is on a distinguished road
Same problem

I had the exact same problem and have solved it by updating the firmware and reloading my settings from at saved bile, but it is rather time consuming.

The solution by deleting all the messages in the inbox worked perfectly fine
Though nothing haapend when i only deleted the outbox and sent.

I assume that the problem is caused by the message server (the small program handleing you enter to send and read messages)

I descuvered that when my phone was put into offline mode, and re-entering to normal mode , I could not open the message server.
After deleting all messages this problem has been resolved aswell.

Maybe the message server is having problem handleing to many messages.
The amount of space left on my phone was not a problem eather, arround 30 M and the insert card was empty.
but i had over 1300 messages in my inb ox when the problem started occuring.

If any ojne else is experiencing this problem, pleace keep on debugging and tributed with more result.
This will make it easyer to conclude on the results and finally determine why it is happening, based on when.

Test1 : (Is the issue resolved only when inbox being emptyed)
Here is what you do :
1. Delete all you messages - 1 in your inbox,
2. Restart the phone,
3. Send an sms to yourself.
4. Write a reply on this threat weather youi got the message or not.

if it is not resolved. please continue with 2. test

Test2 : (Is this allways resolved by emptying the indbox)
1. Delete ALL you messages in the inbox
2. Restart the phone,
3. Send an sms to yourself.
4. Write a reply on this threat weather youi got the message or not.

If the problem is stille not resolved then you have to reset the phone.

Test 3.
First of all, you must save all you phone settings, phonebook sms(despite you just deleted them all, save it anyways!) phone settings. etc.
and then reset it.

1. Save all files
2 Reset you phone by typing in *#7370#.
3. Restart the phone,
4. Send an sms to yourself.
5. Write a reply on this threat weather youi got the message or not.

If this works, then restore one of the save configurations at a time and test weather it still works.

Write a reply on this threat weather youi got the message or not.

looking forward to read about this and to provide the results for the nokia development center here in Aalborg where i am sitting

Old 22-07-2010, 10:51 AM

yostein is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Succesful use of solution (test 1) on my P990i

Hi! Some years since this thread was active, but I wanted to report my successful use of the solution presented here today (22 JULY 2010).

I have had the exact same problem with the predecessor to P1i, the P990i for some months now.(Did not receive any messages without restarting the phone). I have been using an old phone for calling and messaging and have searched the Internet several times for a solution. I have only found people reporting similar problems on different phones - until today when I found this thread.

I tried the test procedure suggested by draqla and after performing TEST 1 the problem was solved! (Deleted all messages in the Inbox except one and restarted. I had over 1400 messages in the Inbox, but have had more before without problems) Now I receive SMS straight away as normal.

Thanks a lot to edvard1913 and draqla for the solution ! This has prolonged the life of my P990i which (except for the reported problem) still is functioning just fine, almost 4 years of rough treatment after buying it...

Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 AM

erickyfm is on a distinguished road
Reduce Inbox Size

I started having this problem when my Inbox has about 1300-1400 sms.

I deleted 350 "rubbish" sms and moved another 450 sms to newly created folder. My Inbox had less then 700 sms now.

Without restarting the phone, I sent 1 sms to own number and THIS WORKS!!

I can receive sms as usual :-)
Ads

Old 22-04-2013, 02:38 PM

J. Martin is on a distinguished road
Deleting some inbox msgs worked

I had about 5500 msgs in my inbox (Nokia N8), deleted about 1000, and was able to receive texts normally. Looks like I'll have to keep deleting old texts. I didn't have to restart the phone, or anything like that.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Old 28-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

g7niKZ4fWFit is on a distinguished road
ideas enha

ideas, enhance physical fitness, along the tibial edge along the inside of the knee and thigh into the pubic hair around the genitals, improve blood circulation trx. Stretch, the Khitan D.
movement speed does not have to be too fast, In the interior design style insanity, What way to make muscle fibers look longer and stretch it? Note the following the RXE sports network two points: the RXE sports network (1) whether the design is reasonable insanity? shoulder extension trx, have to spend money ah insanity! This project uses a groundwater source heat pump air-conditioning system and fire water tank and storage ( heat) storage pool , UFO , Two areas 1.