All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-09-2009, 12:43 PM

zeep78 is on a distinguished road
Question contact incoming call

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with my M600i.

I just bought it second hand almost for free. It looks like new and no scratch at all. Almost not used and not SIM-locked (forbidden in Belgium).

When I put in my SIM card, everything seems to be allright, except when I try to access the contacts stored on my SIM card. The application hangs and I can only free it with the taskmanager.

Another strange issue is that when I receive a phone call of someone who is in my contact list (in the phones memory), I only see the number, not the name. I allready tried to:
  • save the contact after a call
  • changed the number (with or without a space between the country code and the extention - with or without the country code)
  • deleted all contacts and added the manually instead of using a PC-sync mechanism.

I'm using the Proximus-network in Belgium, but my wifes phone has a SIM card of the Base-network. When I tried it with my wifes SIM-card, the two above problems seemd to be solved.

What is the solution for this? A new SIM card? Changing the provider is not not an option because it's a company property (and I don't have to pay for my phone calls) :-).

Thanks in advance,
Sam.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:21 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Used -> New

Since you have been buying a second hand phone , it might be an idea to install the latest Firmware from the SE Service Website freshly . It deletes all old data , so it's "brandnew" again .
I found this disscussion about a similar SIM card issue : http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/470518.html .
No ! It's not about whirlpools .....
Or you can try a Hardreset first , before demanding a new SIMcard .
I don't know the code for SE , but for Nokia's S60 v 3 you can find it here : http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
You could give it a try and check the phone's dialogue popping up .

Regards jApi NL

Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM

zeep78 is on a distinguished road
As JaPi metioned, a firmware setup I allready did.

PDA sw version: CXC 162071 R6A16
Phone sw version: CXC 162037 R9F011
Bluetooth sw version: CXC 162058 R3A01
CDA sw version: CDA 162011/1 R6A13

I received my new SIM card today, but it still seems to be the same problem. As I tried other SIM card fo the same provider: it works.

Somebody a clue?

Thanks!
Sam.
Ads

Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Proximus 2x - Base

Hi Sam .
I was wondering about the SIM cards . Did you say one SIM card from Proximus is ok , while the other card shows the bugs ?
Maybe Proximus can give the answer .
The Base SIM card works fine , but Proximus was the problem . In that case I suspect some kind of SIM lock . Could the phone be an originally KPN - Dutch SIM locked phone ? Base is owned by KPN . That could explain compatibility . So ask the vendor or have the IMEI number checked . Don't post the number on internet !
Wikipedia : the first two digits are the country code . Compare with your wife's phone . For IMEI no , dial : *#06# , or on the sticker beneath the battery .

Regards jApi NL