All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-05-2009, 05:24 PM

tiha is on a distinguished road
urgent help needed with raodsync

Hey guys

i just downloaded roadsync and have no clue what my domain and server names are. this is not for work, it's just personal email that i would like to have as push email. the email i use now is thru yahoo. do i HAVE to have mail2web account?
the website shows how to set up the settings, but that is only for business accounts? why?is it even possible to use my personal email account? please help me,

if i have to open hotmail account or something i'll do that. someone just let me know what to do. thanks.

Old 16-05-2009, 08:12 PM

Hooksym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiha View Post
Hey guys

i just downloaded roadsync and have no clue what my domain and server names are. this is not for work, it's just personal email that i would like to have as push email. the email i use now is thru yahoo. do i HAVE to have mail2web account?
the website shows how to set up the settings, but that is only for business accounts? why?is it even possible to use my personal email account? please help me,

if i have to open hotmail account or something i'll do that. someone just let me know what to do. thanks.
Roadsync is only for Microsoft Exchange Server accounts. You can get one from a hosting service without being a business, but Roadsync will not use any other service, at least as far as I know.

Old 17-05-2009, 01:24 AM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
mate.. Roadsync as said before is only for MS Exchange mail servers that has Activesync enabled for your account. Mail2Web has migrated their exchange platform to Exchange 2007 and have disabled FREE Activsync accounts from now on (since MS has a draconian licensing policy with Activesync on the new Exchange). This is still available - as a paid for service only.

I am not sure about your "personal" email account - you will have to contact your providers to see if they are on Exchange and whether they have activesync enabled. If not, then this program will not work anyway.

Hotmail access? You'd better off with installing MSN Messenger (that installs a Hotmail email connector in your mail setting) or alternatively get the Nokia Messenging app thats freely available.

Old 21-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
Roadsync can also be connected to Kerio Mailserver. Works like a charm. Kerio acts as Exchange Server's Activesync.

I turned off pushmail though. I let my mail sync every 15 minutes. This makes my battery last at least twice as long.
Ads

Old 23-05-2009, 04:28 PM

tiha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerco View Post
Roadsync can also be connected to Kerio Mailserver. Works like a charm. Kerio acts as Exchange Server's Activesync.

I turned off pushmail though. I let my mail sync every 15 minutes. This makes my battery last at least twice as long.
can you give me more info on that\ is it free? will it work with roadsync? NOT SURE IF MY QUESTIONS MAKE SENSE. SORRY

Old 25-05-2009, 08:02 PM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
Kerio is not free, but it is sure cheaper than MS Exchange. And as said, it works perfectly with Roadsync. But I don't know what your level of knowledge is regarding email. You can run Kerio on your own server, but that means that you will have to have your email delivered to your server. Kerio can poll remote email boxes though, so emails from these accounts appear in your Kerio email server.

Check their website for more details.

Last edited by Gerco; 25-05-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Old 26-05-2009, 01:12 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Also, DataViz offers support for RoadSync on their web site: http://support.dataviz.com/index_nr.html