All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
7610 Moderator

Vicky is on a distinguished road
Symbian Series 60 vs WIndows Mobile 6.1 Prof OS

I am using Symbian Series 60 from around 7years, I am using E90 and i want another Phone.
This Time i am thinking of Windows Mobile, So Should i go for it.
Samsung Omnia and HTC Touch Diamond is my choices

Please Clear me about Symbian Series 60 and Windows Mobile 6.1 Prof OS
Which is better, some says windows is goo and some says windows is too complicated

Old 12-03-2009, 07:44 PM

ceanth is on a distinguished road
Vicky,

Im in the same boat! I currently have a Nokia E90 and my T-Mobile contract is coming to and end this month.

I have used Windows Mobile devices in the past and they are fairly complicated BUT you can do more with them. In the end i got fed up and went back to Symbian as i found Windows Mobile to be quite unrealiable.

I believe that Windows Mobile has become quite advanced now, and with the invention of Touch Flo it has become very usable.

I am split between whether to get rid of my E90, and get the Touch HD, OR wait for the new HTC devices OR get the N97.

To be honest with you, my E90 does everything i need but i really fancy something new and shiny. Touch HD is an excellent looking device but with the new Touch Pro 2 and Touch Dimond 2 coming in summer it might be worth holding out until then. The new HTC devices will have the new OS avaliable to them (6.5) or you can go down the route of installing a custom rom on the Touch HD.
Ads

Old 26-03-2009, 02:12 PM

swingerman is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I prefer s60. Windows mobile is not complicated it's just not practical. One of my frien sold his htc only because he was not able to answer to an sms without hassle. On the S60 you are able to to use all the functions within 1-3 button press.
S60 5th edition is the solution for the ones who want to do even more with their Symbian smartphone. So i suggest all of you to wait for the N97 or the next communicator...

Cheers,

Old 16-09-2009, 11:21 AM

pes123 is on a distinguished road
i would recommend HTC Touch Diamond. I am using it myself and this cell is really out of this world

Old 18-09-2009, 07:51 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Third Choice Linux

While Android on phones is not yet fully matured , Hero HTC as flagship , I would choose the longer existent Meamo .
Qwerty as a premium choice as well leads to Nokia N900 or even better E900 (clamshell) .

Regards jApi NL