All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia BH-905 - noise cancellation stereo Bluetooth headset

Nokia today announced the BH-905, a high end stereo Bluetooth headset with active noise cancellation. The headset has a 'band-over-the head' with ear-muffs' form factor with music, volume and calling controls on the two ear pieces. The headset has ten microphones; two for capturing speech and eight for capturing sound for the active noise cancellation functionality. The headset can be connected via Bluetooth or a wired 3.5mm connection with adaptors for 2.5mm, 6.5mm and airplane connectors included in the box.

Read on in the full article.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Ok .. I'll say it .. Quality doesn't come Cheap! 285 / $403 .. jebus!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

If that was Shure or Sensheiser, i would understand the price, but Nokia's i don't trust.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Since when did you start announcing headsets? Do these run on Symbian? :P

Old 02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

I agree, are you going to start giving equal coverage to non-Nokia headsets?
Ads

Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Heh - we don't announce / post about all accessories (mainly because they get announced with phones and attention is elsewhere).

But being high end this may be of interest to people reading the site. Always trying new things to see what works. That's why we'll write about generic service (e.g. iPlayer) or web services etc etc.

And yes a bit pricey for my liking... Not surprising given technology etc. I imagine the margin of accessories remains very healthy!

Unregistered - sure we'll mention third party accessories too, as we have done in the past. Making judgments about what to include in the news stream is never easy (its a fine balance sometimes) - that's from a purely informational view. It can also depend on how much other news is around, whether we have a good piece of unique editorial etc. too. And there's the human element too. We do think about this stuff, but very happy to listen to feedback from anyone.

Obviously some things can make it easier (e.g. if a company gets in touch with information etc.), but that's more about having a more complete information to make a judgment on. One part of AAS's audience is high end elite users who want the best of everything (either because it is the best or for status reasons) - they would probably be interested to hear about the BH-905, but not the Nokia 6730 we mentioned last week.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

These look completely awesome! Noise cancellation!?! Kick bum!

@ 'Malerocks' & 'Unregistered' (02-06-2009 11:58 AM) - I've not seen another noise canceling headset, let alone a noise canceling headphone set that use 8 microphones to balance out noise...
Surely something unique as this (even if they are from Nokia) is news worthy?

But if we see Rafe rockin' the streets in a new pair of BH-905's...

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Noise Cancellation

The Jawbone new bluettoth headsets have also noise cancellation about 90% . But some people don't profit from this , because of its formfactor . Price around E 110 . http://us.jawbone.com/
The Nokia has a better universal formfactor and a cable can be used to save battery-life (?!) .

Regards jApi NL

Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Unregistered

@ jApi NL

The Jawbone product isn't even close to the BH-905's... They don't cancel incoming sound, they just separate your speech from background noise.

The Nokia BH-904's do that for E65; so who's making the profit now...?

Old 15-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

pairing

this head set will connect at 2 phones one time ? or just one and that's it? thank you

Old 28-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

I hope Apple makes iPhone 3.0 OS work with this!

As you know stereo BT finally came to the iPhone. However, it seems that it doesn't fully recognize all the controls on typical BT stereo headphones. This Nokia and the iPhone would be awesome together.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 AM

gabrieljosh is on a distinguished road
The fit and comfort of a bluetooth headset is a highly personal matter. What feels good to one person is unusable to another. Without knowing the geometry of your ears and your sensitivity to pressure.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I tried the bh-905 today. I was at the Nokia store which is quite busy at the time, I can hear the caller crystal clear but not the other way around. Price around 300 USD

Old 25-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up BH-905 & iPhone 3G S

Tried these out the other day with the 3G S with bluetooth. A pair made in heaven. music was absolutely awesome and when calls came in the music faded out and I can take the call. When the call ended the music faded back in from when the call started. Battery life on the hs is great and overall quality is great. Also tried it with a Nokia N97 and have to say the 3G S is a clear WINNER when used with the hs. Looks a tad bulky but you don't notice it when wearing it. I just wish the Apple Store would sell these when they come out!!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Bytales

Got them

Just bought them for my brand new N900. The only downside i can find is the fact that they don't fit very well on my head. I fell like if a move the head a bit faster they would fall. crap, maybe i don't know how to fit them, but i think i placed them like theiy're suppose to stay. Sure would like to hear opinions from other users. Before them i had a black Nokia e90 with Bh 503, wich got stolen from me. The bh503 stay on the head (in fact it stays on the ears) more tightly and i can do jogging without any problems, but after 1 hour or so, my ears hurt\ache. I don't see myself jogging with the bh 905, and it's a shame really. I think they would fell out of my head if i jogg. Why in god's name didn't they made them circumaural headphones. For instance my Senhheisers HD 555, even if they are bigger, fit extremly well on the head. Apart from the exceptional fit, you litteraly forget you have them on your head after some time of use. That is the designed the bh 905 should have had. Now what can i say. I just burned 213,43 EUR on the phones. I hope i will get used to wear them.