All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-06-2007, 11:38 AM

pimmo2000 is on a distinguished road
Firmware issue with Vista

Dunno if this is the right place ??

Installed NSS and have been trying to install the USB drivers that come with it, the tutorial on site shows XP and this doesnt work with vista, it wont accept the dirvers ???

Please help

Old 23-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
AFAIK NSS is not currently compatiable with Vista. It may work, but no guarantees/

Old 23-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
NSS doesn't work on Vista at all. I can't even get the program to load properly
Ads

Old 23-06-2007, 05:24 PM

GuaiBoi is on a distinguished road
NSS can be run on vista

right click on the icon > Properties > Compatibility > under Compatibility mode set it to Windows XP (SP2)

Next Settings > Check Disable visual themes

Next Privilegel Level > check Run this program as administrator

Old 23-06-2007, 09:57 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Apparently..

you need a couple of things to "try" again not guaranteed to get NSS working under Vista.

The most obvious being get the latest Nokia PC Suite - since it contains drivers and software that are allegedly Vista compatible.

This ought to give you a chance of NSS at least communicating with the Phone.

Then theres running NSS itself .. people have suggested that running NSS in XP SP2 compatibility mode with Visual themes turned off is the way to go here.

Give that a try and good luck!

Old 24-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Halon is on a distinguished road
GuaiBoy is quite correct. NSS will work perfectly on Vista using XP compatibility mode
Nokia N97

6600 > 6630 > N70 > N80 > N95 > N95 8GB > N85 > N97

Old 29-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for your replies, I'm getting stuck on installing the USB driver... you know the one you need to install when you install NSS, but windows wont accept the USB driver in the NSS Driver folder.. wont work on XP either... what am I missing

Old 29-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Beer NSS shouldn't need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmo2000 View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for your replies, I'm getting stuck on installing the USB driver... you know the one you need to install when you install NSS, but windows wont accept the USB driver in the NSS Driver folder.. wont work on XP either... what am I missing
you use virtual USB .. and it piggybacks the Nokia PC Suite installed driver. Hence the suggestion you make sure you have the latest - and now Vista compatible version.

So if you have The Nokia PC Suite installed and can talk to your phone in PC Suite mode .. then you ought to be able to install NSS and using the "virtual USB" device .. talk to the phone .. thats click on the magnifying glass not the "multiflash" icon.

Good luck!

Last edited by seki; 29-06-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Old 29-06-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seki View Post
you use virtual USB .. and it piggybacks the Nokia PC Suite installed driver. Hence the suggestion you make sure you have the latest - and now Vista compatible version.

So if you have The Nokia PC Suite installed and can talk to your phone in PC Suite mode .. then you ought to be able to install NSS and using the "virtual USB" device .. talk to the phone .. thats click on the magnifying glass not the "multiflash" icon.

Good luck!
I have mate and I cant install the Virtual USB drivers !!

Old 30-06-2007, 09:33 AM

tanov is on a distinguished road
my vista problems

i can get nss to work using the compatibilty tabs as outlined above,

my problem is i cannot get nsu to recognise my n95, i have installed the latest version!!!!!!

wayne

Old 28-04-2008, 04:34 AM

Insomune is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanov View Post
i can get nss to work using the compatibilty tabs as outlined above,

my problem is i cannot get nsu to recognise my n95, i have installed the latest version!!!!!!

wayne
bump....

im in the same boat they are

Old 28-04-2008, 05:37 AM

Beer Ignore My Previous Advice

about getting the latest PC Suite .. THAT was the preferred method .. but the latest version is NOT compatible with NSS.

My advice is to try the version of PC Suite that came with your phone (on the CD) and ignore any attempts by the suite to self-update.

Then install NSS .. in theory you should be able to see your N95 if it is connected in PC Suite mode.
If NSS doesn't connect - check any anti-virus software you may have running and on Vista you may need XP SP2 compatibility mode, visual themes turned off and running as administrator.
If you are on Vista x64 you may be SOL. (Like to hear if people are successful with NSS and Vista x64)

.. righty .. once NSS is running ..
Ensure you click on the Magnifying Glass (ie Use virtual USB) no the other icon in NSS.

Then Click "Phone Info" .. scan .. should show your phone's relevant infomation.

To Change the code ..
Ensure you have checked the Enable box against Product Code
put in an appropriate code for your device -

MAKE sure its the same model - don't go mixing these around thinking you're going to get new/additional features.
Firmware is Model specific and trying another model's code won't work.

No you can't use a Euro or APAC code on the North American Models .. don't even try.
In fact if you have a NAM you shouldn't bother reading this thread.