All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N70, N72 and N90

Old 24-02-2007, 12:05 PM

rawanabusalman is on a distinguished road
The best music player for N70? (2 gb memory card,want to use phone as Ipod..)

Hi...

I am planning on purchasing a 2 gb memory card for my N70....and want to use the phone as an mp3 player (ipod or so)

i was wondering if there is any music player that offers a similar interface as that of the ipod...or any other interface that easy to use and efficient..(you know with 2 gb of music, not able to search or browse by artist/song/album/playlist etc is out of the question of course....

any recommendations??

Thank in advance

(The built in music player in my N70 (i have the latest firmware version) is not that bad...and the interface is good...but i was wondering if theres anything better or nicer...besides, i have a 64 mb memory card now and it takes a while to scan it before it opens....so im guessing it will take quite some time when i install the 2 gb one...that might be annoying...)
Edit/Delete MessageT

Old 24-02-2007, 01:47 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Try the free Oggplayer, with Ipod Skin... Is the nearest experience to an Ipod.

Old 24-02-2007, 10:26 PM

thank you for your reply...

Il try oggplayer...but do you know from where can I get the Ipod skin?? ive searched and couldnt find it!

Thanx again...
Ads

Old 24-02-2007, 10:34 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
I donīt remember... Try the software section on this site, and the site of Oggplayer, but maybe you already had do that.

Old 25-02-2007, 12:42 AM

ajp558 is on a distinguished road
Look at h**p://memphisx.freesuperhost.com/EN/Symbian/oggplayskins.htm

Ipogg v2 skin under Skins Made by Others.

Old 25-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Thanx a lot for your reply..

I tried tthhe player...and got the ipogg skin....

The player is by far the best iv tried amongst 3rd party players...really liked it...although i would have greatly preferred if it had the following 2 options, found in the built in player in n70.... first, the search option...you can start typing and the player will display all the results matching the search criteria....

The ipod, however, does not have a search option (except the new ones) even though navigation is easier and faster in an ipod than in the phone, thats not the main problem....

The main problem is that when i press the "red' button...to go back the main phone screen...the player closes!! in the built in player, playing continues!! and in the updated firmware version, it even displays the name of the song playing under the 'calender entries', with the option to increase/decrease the volume by just scrolling to it and moving the left/right joystick....

The ipod skin is nice...but the list of songs is very short..it displays only a couple...thats not a problem...others, like the Windows Media Player 10 skin display a bigger list...the skin is not a problem.....

So...thanx again...is there any way those problems can be 'fixed' in ogg player?? and does any know any other player i can try, other than the ogg player??

Rawan

EDIT: another thing...the Fast Forward option in oggplayer skips in intervals of 20 seconds...thats quite a lot!! hehe
**EDIT: After looking at some other 3rd party players...im quite liking the oggplayer!! :P items are sorted alphabetically...that eases things up without the search availability... and whenever i want to do anything on the phone (right a message etc..) i can just press the 'menu' key twice and it will go to the standby screen...and then, hold the menu button and click on Oggplayer to go back to it... Of course, if these options can be integrated into it...it would be great...but i guess its good as is....

(if anyone has any other players i might try though...i would be grateful...)

10x

Last edited by rawanabusalman; 25-02-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Old 26-02-2007, 06:28 AM

ratza is on a distinguished road
If you can afford to pay $20, then I recommend you to use Power MP3 from MobiFactor. This player is having the best sound and the 10 band equalizer is very sensitive.