All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-01-2008, 12:26 AM

stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
PimpMyFon Update

hello ppl, havent posted any pics up here for a while so i thought id post the latest pics.. please let me know wot u think

this is the latest glow in the dark cover... the last blue one i did didnt last very long but this one lasts for 3+ hours havent timed it exactly it says should last 12 hours but only tested it till 3...

this is the latest custom order iv done, metalick black front and rear for n95 + front keypad!

feedback apriciated, apart from the obvious (i need a beter camera)

should be needing a beta tester for the glow cover by next week! i'll post on here so dont worry.

thanx steven

feedback plz..........

Old 15-01-2008, 01:10 AM

zxon is on a distinguished road
Dude you really need a better camera! LOL Only kiddin'!

I like the metallic cover. Nicely done! The glow in the dark one looks wierd though. Only looks good when its dark

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Last edited by zxon; 15-01-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Old 15-01-2008, 10:28 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post

I like the metallic cover. Nicely done! The glow in the dark one looks wierd though. Only looks good when its dark
Sadly that is often the case. I saw a guy who painted his S13 Nissan 200SX in glow in the dark paint which was cool at night but in the day it was just a dirty off white colour

Old 15-01-2008, 10:29 AM

stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post

lol, yip i know

yeh the black one turnd out gd, wot u think of the blackd out symbols on the front keys? i think it looks good but thats just my opinion wot dus every1 else think?

the glow one was silver but the glow paint is kind of milky so it now looks grey! next plan is to spray on with a kawasaki green base first so it's green in the day and then glows green @ night! i have another plan to use a candy dye in the laquer aswell so that u can have diffrent coloures, would still glow green though! i teste the cover and it's now tested to 10 hours! still glowing after 10 hours!!not as bright, but in a dark room u can instantly see it) do u reckon this is a good product? would any1 have one once it's a finnishd product?

feedback guys plz....

Old 15-01-2008, 01:54 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
I dunno how good it would be. I was originally going to say that it would be really cool if you're in a nightclub, as you could see your phone glowing practically all night! The problem with that however, is that others can see it too... including potential thieves.

I've sent you a PM regarding a custom order I'd like

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 15-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
I think a glowing phone doesnt mean much stealingwise. If your careless enough to get it nicked, then its going to anyway.

About the glow in the dark, I suspect you will have some people wanting it to NOT glow for that long. Personally, Id prefer the 30 mins one.

I'll have a word with various family members, see if they are willing to pay for a glow in the dark phone. If you give a list of colours (as they would be in the daytime) and prices, I'll pass it on.

I like the metallic black. A lot. Not sure about the buttons, Id have to see that 'in person', and see what its like to use it.

Im impressed with the stuff you can do, obviously you know your stuff.

Old 15-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, the metallic looks cool.. might look a bit better if the water mark wasnt covering so much.?!?!

Either way, as bart says, look like you do a tidy job. Good effort fella.