All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-11-2002, 07:47 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
SmartCompress version 1.0 for Series 60

Enlarge the memory capacity of your smartphone! SmartCompress is all you need to have more drive space or memory on your SmartPhone and to be able to install twice or three times more applications on your device and work with them fast and easily. SmartCompress can be bought via Handango.

Compressed programs or files take up less room on your drive saving space where it is needed most. You may be aware that you can use compression to save your files in smaller forms, but you may not know how easy it can be! SmartCompress is very useful for smartphones where disk space is very precious. The program allows you to archive rarely used applications providing more disk space for other applications or data and to restore these programs with one key press.
Read more here.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie...Best application yet!

Old 06-11-2002, 07:52 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2theIZZO
Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie...Best application yet!
Review?

Old 06-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
I'm giving it a try now, so I'll tell you what I think in a few days
Ads

Old 06-11-2002, 08:37 PM

Cyrus is on a distinguished road
I bet the program requires software 3.16. Otherwise the program just does not work. It gives an application error when I try to pack something. Did anybody try this?

Old 06-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Yes it works fine for me (V3.16), It's simple enough to use you just highlight the file you wish to compress and press Pack unsing the right shortcut key.

Old 06-11-2002, 10:21 PM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
J have u seen any differences yet! Does it work?

Hmmm..you have to install it so that takes memory...I am wondering if the memory it compresses is more than the memory the application occupies...???

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 06-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Here's the difference.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:04 PM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
How much memory did you have before you installed the app?

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 06-11-2002, 11:04 PM
Administrator

The application takes up a mere 69kb.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Expect a review in the next few days (Or as soon as I work how to use Dazlers review maker thing)

Old 06-11-2002, 11:45 PM

why dont it worok with 3.12?

Old 07-11-2002, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Expect a review in the next few days (Or as soon as I work how to use Dazlers review maker thing)
Mail me if you have any problems. The only html editing you should do is for the image comment and scoretable. Press preview to check at all times.

Old 07-11-2002, 12:22 AM

Zeus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus
I bet the program requires software 3.16. Otherwise the program just does not work. It gives an application error when I try to pack something. Did anybody try this?
We have fixed SmartCompress a little bit. Please download the newer version:

http://www.symbianware.com/download/scompress60/scompress60.sis

I hope it will work good on your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleBuffy
J have u seen any differences yet! Does it work?

Hmmm..you have to install it so that takes memory...I am wondering if the memory it compresses is more than the memory the application occupies...???
It takes about 70 kb of your disk space. But it allows you to free some of your disk space by compressing installed applications (may be even in two-three times. It depends on data and applications you have installed).

In other words it helps you to archive rarely used applications saving space where it is needed most. Of course you can uninstall these applications, but if you archive them only you'll save all their settings, it will be easy to restore archived application by one key press, instead of installing it again (espesially on cable-less Nokia )

Old 07-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazler
Quote:
Mail me if you have any problems. The only html editing you should do is for the image comment and scoretable. Press preview to check at all times.
I've got it sussed Dazler, did you really make that?....Your the Tech Master!