All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-03-2009, 10:29 PM

GrahO23 is on a distinguished road
Light Sabre 5th Edition (v0.1)

New release to support Nokia 5800 and 5th edition touch phone (upcoming N97 ect)

* Touch to turn on / off sabre

Download from

http://graho.wordpress.com/

enjoy any bugs / suggestions please post on the blog.

Old 15-03-2009, 02:28 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
stupid website... doesn't tell you what this thing does, and you just assume everyone knows, obviously!

Old 15-03-2009, 04:56 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
It took a little Googling(tm) to find out what the "Light Sabre" application does.

Evidently it is a trivial one--using the internal accelerometer sensor it makes "whoom-whoom" noises in imitation of the light sabres used by the Jedi Knights in the Star Wars saga.

Don't know about you but this one is up there with the Bubble Level application for the iPhone in terms of Worst Use of a High Tech Device.

I don't consider the one iPhone application that just displays a red jewel in this category--that's not even an application--just snobware to show how much money you're willing to pay for something that is useless.

Old 15-03-2009, 05:47 PM

GrahO23 is on a distinguished road
I do aplogise there is an explanation on the website now.

Sorry if you thought the app would solve world peace or work out your tax report.

Sadly as you point out it trivally goes vrummm such is life.

I can't think of a better use for a high tech device myself....

Old 22-03-2009, 09:11 PM

Richdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
It took a little Googling(tm) to find out what the "Light Sabre" application does.

Evidently it is a trivial one--using the internal accelerometer sensor it makes "whoom-whoom" noises in imitation of the light sabres used by the Jedi Knights in the Star Wars saga.

Don't know about you but this one is up there with the Bubble Level application for the iPhone in terms of Worst Use of a High Tech Device.

I don't consider the one iPhone application that just displays a red jewel in this category--that's not even an application--just snobware to show how much money you're willing to pay for something that is useless.
What on earth did you think the app was going to do, wash your dishes or unveil the meaning fof life? Just in case the words "light sabre" didn't click, the app is a well-known and popular one that lets you wave your phone about to authentic sounds of sabers whumming and clashing. Complicated it may not be, but cool it most certainly is.
Ads

Old 22-03-2009, 11:51 PM

hatchie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richdog View Post
What on earth did you think the app was going to do, wash your dishes or unveil the meaning fof life? Just in case the words "light sabre" didn't click, the app is a well-known and popular one that lets you wave your phone about to authentic sounds of sabers whumming and clashing. Complicated it may not be, but cool it most certainly is.
WELL SAID....

Old 23-03-2009, 01:48 PM

neilhoskins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchie View Post
WELL SAID....
Count me in on that. Graham's app was one of the first fun uses of the accelerometer, and is well-known to everybody except, obviously, a few noobs. Furthermore, even if you think an app is pointless, you simply don't slag off the person who is developing it and providing it absolutely free.

I was reading a thing earlier about the closure of MOSH. The writer felt that, because certain portions of the community are perfectly at home with the idea of stealing pay-for applications in the form of warez, they have no respect for freeware developers either. I was dubious, personally, but he could have a point.