All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-11-2007, 03:22 PM

readbmr is on a distinguished road
Debranding nokia n95 8gb Vodafone , Help

Hi , Im just wondering who has succesfuly Debranded a Nokia N95 8GB , And does anybody have the instructions to do it, i have done an ordinary n95 before but now i have forgotton how to !!!

Any advice/instructions/link etc, id be very greatful as i realy want to Debrand my Vodafone N95 8GB ...

Old 24-11-2007, 04:32 PM

saj0n1 is on a distinguished road
I've done mine,

1, Backed up phone manually, pictures to desktop, and wrote numbers down

2, Changed product code using NSS to Euro-1

3, Used Nokia software updater to upgrade firmware on my phone

4, Put product code back to normal

5, Reinstalled pictures and numbers

Didn't back up the phone with nokia software, Just so i didn't reinstall any vodafone item back onto it.

Spiderman 3 gone, evem if you back it up it wont work.

Finally i had the mms setting resent from vodafone.

All ok so far

Old 24-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Tomo71 is on a distinguished road
You can use Nokia Suite to back up your phone but use the Sync part of it. This Syncs Contacts/Notes/Calander etc to Outlook (not express). Wont affect your phone once its debranded.

The advice is, not to use backup, as this backup's ALL the settings. Once your phone is debranded then these settings for a branded phone interfere with the now debranded SW. This often results in instability or even worse not been able to power up.

I did mine last night, only thing to note is that:
Google Maps dont work but go to voda web site and re-download it (runs quicker if you put it to phone memory)
Ebay application doesnt work so use the mobile web version instead.
Youtube Application doesnt work so use m.youtube.com instead (or Vtap)

You will also lose all your podcast streams/ringtones etc so if anything is important, back them up.

Note to format the 8gb memory card before the SW update as the above applications are on there and messes them up. I formatted mine after the new SW update but all other advice seems to point to doing it beforehand.

A new application appears in the menus called Settings Wizard, this will configure the phone for MMS, Wap etc or you can use Voda's or Nokias web pages for this.

Steve
N95 with FTD Enabled on Orange
Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook with embedded HSPDA Modem with Voda and Orange SIMS.

Last edited by Tomo71; 24-11-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Old 24-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi and thankyou

Hi all, many thanks for that and if ive got the nerve again i will try and debrand it tonite or tommorrow, i was asking mainly because i didnt want anything to go wrong with this phone as it worth a lot...

Many thanks again and will let you all no when ive done it successfuly.

Brian

Old 25-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Berty is on a distinguished road
Let me know how you get on as I want to do it myself. How do you change the product code using NSS?

Old 25-11-2007, 10:14 AM

It is alread on these forums but have a look @

http://clear-nokia.blogspot.com/2007...ing-guide.html

Old 25-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Hi all, all done now nokia branding ...

Hi all, just to let you all no that was easy, i now have a debranded nokia n95 8gb and have now got rid of all that horrible vodafone software, guess i will just have to copy my spiderman dvd to the phone through nokia video convertor, then all will look the same...

Regarding using nss for the peron above, simply download nss and then later i will copy the link on here somewhere on how to change the product code, you also need the latest nokia software updater.

And you need to choose Euro 1 if you are in the uk

Old 24-12-2007, 01:48 PM

marcontinental is on a distinguished road
Question Nokia N95 8GB Debraning and Software update!

Dear all!

I just got this Fantastic Nokia N95 8GB as a birthday Pressent and as a big Fan from nokia i love to bring it to the latest satands of possible software.
Though as allways there are a few problems comming with it.
So first is the debranding thing.
My devise is bougt in Italy with i havent got a problem with corse i do understand the language even my motherlanguage is german.
Though it is all about this enoyng provider stuff so i was looking for some help online wenn i hit this site wich is so far the most informative.
Now, i read a few stuff but have a few questions.
My product code is 0557876 with i can not finde anywhere in the list of The Nokia Blog "http://thenokiablog.com/2007/04/03/nokia-n95-euro-product-codes-and-language-packs/"

So is this list up to date ore an older version???

When i give my code in to the new version generator from Nokia under "Can i Update?", to look for a new SW version it gives me the answer "Sorry, there is no software available for your product code Please Enter Valid Product Code." Even if i know that there exists a new version for N95 8GB witch is 11.0.026.
I got this info from Nokia Discusions and i got tolde that version 20.0.015 is for Nokia N95 but not for the 8GB Devise!
Plus the software updater gives me kinde of the same answer that there is curently no new software to update even if under the downloadable software page it says that there is this new software version 11.0.026. for N95 8GB still here is nothing to click on to get it downloadet to the pc.

If i prossed now to debrand my devise through nemmesis and follow all the nice instructions giving in the Euro 1 code for example and update to version 20.0.015, will my devise have still all the N95 8GB Features ore will it somehow be limited to just N95???

What can i do to find out the right way to debrand and update my "Nokia N95 8GB Proberly???

I thank you so much for your help!!!

Old 24-12-2007, 01:50 PM

bigbadnewill is on a distinguished road
There are stickies in the N95 thread as to how to change product code, and update firmware! Nice and easy to find, and comprehensive.

Enjoy

Old 26-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcontinental View Post

If i prossed now to debrand my devise through nemmesis and follow all the nice instructions giving in the Euro 1 code for example and update to version 20.0.015, will my devise have still all the N95 8GB Features ore will it somehow be limited to just N95???

What can i do to find out the right way to debrand and update my "Nokia N95 8GB Proberly???

I thank you so much for your help!!!
I think 20.0.015 is for the N95-1 (original) ONLY!.

You risk damaging or even bricking your phone if you do this.

Remember many issues found in the N95-1 are fixed in the 8gb model.

Steve

Old 27-12-2007, 04:16 PM

Szadzik is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

I see there are people with Vodafone UK N95 8GB and I've got a question for them.

Is the phone locked by Vodafone UK?

Old 28-12-2007, 02:20 AM

Orpheus1120 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo71 View Post
You can use Nokia Suite to back up your phone but use the Sync part of it. This Syncs Contacts/Notes/Calander etc to Outlook (not express). Wont affect your phone once its debranded.

The advice is, not to use backup, as this backup's ALL the settings. Once your phone is debranded then these settings for a branded phone interfere with the now debranded SW. This often results in instability or even worse not been able to power up.

I did mine last night, only thing to note is that:
Google Maps dont work but go to voda web site and re-download it (runs quicker if you put it to phone memory)
Ebay application doesnt work so use the mobile web version instead.
Youtube Application doesnt work so use m.youtube.com instead (or Vtap)

You will also lose all your podcast streams/ringtones etc so if anything is important, back them up.

Note to format the 8gb memory card before the SW update as the above applications are on there and messes them up. I formatted mine after the new SW update but all other advice seems to point to doing it beforehand.

A new application appears in the menus called Settings Wizard, this will configure the phone for MMS, Wap etc or you can use Voda's or Nokias web pages for this.

Steve
How do you format the 8gb memory card again?
Ads

Old 28-12-2007, 05:58 AM

chiyau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus1120 View Post
How do you format the 8gb memory card again?
Hard reset with *#7370# default code 12345.

Old 28-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Orpheus1120 is on a distinguished road
Oh I see. Some said pressing green button + "3" + "*" and power button would format the memory card.

Which do you think is a better option?

Old 28-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Dogmann is on a distinguished road
Hi Orpheus1120

Sorry but that is not correct you will format the phone not the Mass Memory the memory will remain intact, what you need to do is go to the Memory in Menu's and then once open options and choose format the Mass Memory.

@Szadzik

Yes the VodaFone N95 8GB comes locked to VodaFone but as long as you are not a new customer you can buy the unlock code immediately for £20 to my surprise on giving my IMEI they already had they code on file and i received it via E-Mail within minutes of ending the call. I believe if you are a new customer you will need to of had an account for a couple of months first.

Marc

Last edited by Dogmann; 28-12-2007 at 02:33 PM.